Author Topic: Troubleshooting my Workhorse Powerhorse Quartz dryer  (Read 1444 times)

Offline jill

• Verified/Junior
Troubleshooting my Workhorse Powerhorse Quartz dryer
« on: December 17, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »
Today after production while shutting down, I noticed my thermostat display was going a bit wonky on my dryer.  The elements had cooled so shut everything down.  Thought I'd fire it back up to see if I still had an issue and noticed that my bulbs wouldn't go on and my thermostat was blinking zeros.  Sent a quick email to Workhorse and I missed Phil's return call but he said he sounded like a thermocoupler issue.  I will call back first thing in the morning but in order to sleep well tonight....has anyone here had a similar issue.  What am I in for? Easy fix?   No stress here.  It's not like I have seventeen boxes of t-shirts waiting to be printed or anything.  (Sarcastic font).  Please tell me it's gunna be oooooooookaaaaaayyyyyy.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Troubleshooting my Workhorse Powerhorse Quartz dryer
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »
The thermocouple is basicly a thermometer that tells the controller what the temp is at so it can be regulated.

If it is the thermocouple it should not be a problem. It will be a metal probe with a set of wire leads, depending on the type the wire could be ten feet or more long. Do not cut the wire on the new one. It's usually secured to a bracket in the chamber, simply remove the old one and replace with a new one. It will connect to the back of the controller, two wires usually red and yellow.

The biggest issue will be getting a new one shipped to you or sourcing one local.

Offline jill

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 08:56:53 AM »
Thank you for your reply Binkspot.

Just for the record, it was an easy fix.  Thanks to the fine folks at Workhorse that walked me through it and the one and only Dan Ax who got me the new part lickidysplit.

Hope all the board members here have a nice holiday and remember to "take the time."

Offline jonbravado

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 08:16:58 AM »
Glad it was an easy fix!

The folks at Workhorse offer excellent service - I've not had one bad experience with Phil, Dan or Daniel over there.  This is precisely why the Sabre is near the top of my next auto press list.

Meridian Printing & Promotions
www.mbspromo.com

Screen Printing, Embroidery, Promo Items, and Merchandising Programs