Author Topic: I'm new to Auto Job Breakdown and Cleanup...any shortcuts or advice?  (Read 4661 times)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: I'm new to Auto Job Breakdown and Cleanup...any shortcuts or advice?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »
Are you cleaning just squeegees and floodbars or are you cleaning screens also.
We only use it for squeegees and flood bars. We use the Eco Tex for the screens.
Rich Hoffman

Offline patfinn

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »
Like Rich said, we have had ours for a long time and changed pads only a few times, maybe added a gallon or so in that time span. The other neat thing that we did was put a piece of squeegee rubber in the tank with half of it in the solution and half out. There have been no signs that the oozy juice has harmed the squeegee at all. They will be in our booth at the Long Beach show with one of their smart washers.
Patrick Lashbrook
M&R Sales and Service
Technical Sales Associate
patrick.lashbrook@mrprint.com

Offline islandtees

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
Im still wondering if anyone uses this for screens.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 11:43:42 PM »
Rich and Patfinn, which chemistry do you use?  I see some have tried the SW-7 and some the SW-1.

I happened to read a complaint on an Agribusiness forum that a farmer had his sit unused for a while it got pretty nasty. No other info was detailed. It may well have been idle for weeks on end, and there is no way to track that info down easily. Surely a long weekend now and then would be okay.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »
Rich and Patfinn, which chemistry do you use?  I see some have tried the SW-7 and some the SW-1.

I happened to read a complaint on an Agribusiness forum that a farmer had his sit unused for a while it got pretty nasty. No other info was detailed. It may well have been idle for weeks on end, and there is no way to track that info down easily. Surely a long weekend now and then would be okay.
As per the manufacturer we use SW-1. It seems to be perfect for what we are doing and we leave it for some time during uses with no issue. We never even turn off the heater in the tank and it's fine.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 11:51:28 AM »
Ah... if that is really the case and not marketing pheuy... I'm pretty sure you can add the mat to my setup as well.

The video I saw it was just a mat used as a first layer collection.  One of the redesigns I'm thinking about is to use the drain from the bottom and relocate the pump below it, so I can filter BEFORE the pump.  Doesn't make MUCH difference with the way we use it (no solids) but I imagine the cleaner the pump the better.
The system works great the way it's designed and performs better than advertised. Don't really see the need to change anything. Ours is over 8 months old and we have no sludge and have changed the pad filter twice.

All of my discussion is based on a DIY tank setup vs their very expensive parts washer.

The chemistry is more of what I am interested in, not the mechanics as there isn't much to that.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
Ah... if that is really the case and not marketing pheuy... I'm pretty sure you can add the mat to my setup as well.

The video I saw it was just a mat used as a first layer collection.  One of the redesigns I'm thinking about is to use the drain from the bottom and relocate the pump below it, so I can filter BEFORE the pump.  Doesn't make MUCH difference with the way we use it (no solids) but I imagine the cleaner the pump the better.
The system works great the way it's designed and performs better than advertised. Don't really see the need to change anything. Ours is over 8 months old and we have no sludge and have changed the pad filter twice.

All of my discussion is based on a DIY tank setup vs their very expensive parts washer.

The chemistry is more of what I am interested in, not the mechanics as there isn't much to that.
the chemical does not work at all unless heated to the proper temperature and must go through the supplied filters that activate the microbes. Just a FYI.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 12:46:48 PM »
Heat is heat... getting it to the right temp certainly won't take 2k of hardware.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2015, 02:42:36 PM »
Heat is heat... getting it to the right temp certainly won't take 2k of hardware.
Guess you are right. Go for it.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 03:34:24 PM »
Thanks for all the replies!

And @ Islandtees, I'm guessing the answer to your question is no. Or at least no one that does screens in their Ozzy setup has seen this thread yet.

But based on Rich's enthusiasm (also Brad's early positive review on another thread) I'm going to head that direction too, eventually. I just haven't needed such a thing, with my manual setup. Autos are a little different. All part of the learning curve, I guess.