Author Topic: Automatic Press  (Read 4251 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Re: Automatic Press
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 06:23:29 PM »
My shop is open to a visit from anyone (standing room only ;) ).

Flashbacks are an interesting topic... Going in I saw all of the above, ppl (I highly respect) saying it will be too slow and others saying it's not that bad.  In the end I was stubborn and got one... We love it.

It's ok Gilly -- once you print on a press running two flashes at 825-1000 pieces per hour, you'll start to wonder what the hell was I thinking :-).

Brian

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 07:09:37 PM »

Flashbacks are an interesting topic... Going in I saw all of the above, ppl (I highly respect) saying it will be too slow and others saying it's not that bad.  In the end I was stubborn and got one... We love it.

It's ok Gilly -- once you print on a press running two flashes at 825-1000 pieces per hour, you'll start to wonder what the hell was I thinking :-).

Brian

That might be completely true... but so far it's not slowing us down any.  We've run LC with PF in head 1 at 500 pcs/hour.  Realized afterwards that we could have run the flash in head 2 as a table up flash and even gone faster!

We had to have a 3 person crew to do those numbers.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »

Brian
You must have a nice size press to run at 1K an hour, those type number's have always blown me away
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 11:53:47 PM »

You must have a nice size press to run at 1K an hour, those type number's have always blown me away

A decent Sportsman or similar press with a servo indexer can run at 900/hr or more. It's not that big a deal for the press provided inks/squeegees/screens/art is all dialed in.

Of course, it's not super comfortable to run it that speed.

:P
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 11:59:40 PM »

Compressor -  $2400.00
Chiller - $999.99
Electric Drop and Compressor ElectricHookup - $3700.00
Compressor Hookup - $750.00
Screens - About $500+
Permit for Electric - $250

I know I am missing somethings in there...

Yeah....like a way bigger/faster dryer and the associated electrical/gas/ducting that goes with it.

Also, bigger and better screen and squeegee cleaning capability.

Also, room to store all the extra pallets.

Also, additional employees. ($$$$$)

Also, more room for stock to feed the press.

Also, additional ink stock and a place to put it (autos just eat more ink and need more ink in the screen to run)
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)