Author Topic: Split from Spyder CTS, any users on this board?  (Read 17622 times)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Split from Spyder CTS, any users on this board?
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2015, 03:41:54 PM »
What bad things would happen if this thread stopped right now? Just curious.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
Nothing...But you must first forward this chain thread to 7 people. :o :o
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2015, 04:04:24 PM »

Nothing at all... it should have stopped at the top of page 1!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2015, 04:08:09 PM »
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2015, 04:17:17 PM »
what ever newbie finds this thread will sure get his/her fill of good non information or better yet how to argue worthless topics :P
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2015, 04:52:05 PM »
I like Burger King over Mcdonalds

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2015, 06:59:49 PM »
In a final attempt at clarification, my including the post of "I'm not in sales and make no additional $ on promoting one over the other...."  was simply to make it known to those who didn't know me or my background, to let them know I'm not a sales person, in sales for any company, and make no additional $ (referring to commission) of any kind.  It was an honest attempt.

It may not have been the "best choice of words" and then again, for some it was clear and I'm taking the stance now, that I'm not taking a side on what anyone thinks of it. For some, I was wrong if not just incorrect, and for others, There was nothing wrong with it. It is, what it is..and now, forever will be.  I should have remembered one of the biggest thing I try to live by, and it's that everyone is different. 10 people can get 5 different meanings from the same words used in a post. WORDS are difficult for every person to comprehend the exact or intended meaning behind them sometimes. Again, my words of choice may not have been the clearest or most specific to all. I've tried to clarify my meaning, and still some may even find something wrong with that. So be it but really, all of this?

I wanted it split because I didn't want THIS stuff to take away from or be left in Boris's post. He deserves a clean reply without dram included.

As I saw it grow this way, I knew we can't just delete this thread...heaven forbid, the conspiracy theories would fly for sure. (remember the last time I fat fingered a thread once from a post Inkman made about needing info on DTS. I started to post...but then felt I couldn't. I can't even tell you all facts that I know, I can't give you (my experience) with DTS in general, or any specific facts about M&R openly (as one of the owners here), so I will leave that to Rich and anyone else he sees fit. I knew at that time, if I posted facts about what I knew, (for me), it would just look like I was only promoting M&R and biased no matter what I said. So, I deleted (my post that I was in the process of making) ..and I fumbled something and LOCKED the thread. Once it opened back up....  Giligan and a few chime in instantly fearing the worst "conspiracy theories".

Now, I want to point out, that I don't hold anything against them for that. They are who they are. We are all people here on earth with imagination and experiences from different perspectives and rightfully so, sometimes the conspiracy theories can be true, so many are leery of whats said.  We can't blame them for that. For me, I try to make it a point, or maybe it just comes natural for me, to give people the benefit of the doubt, first and foremost. I don't know if that makes me less skilled, less prepared for the worst at business or not. Maybe it does.  I can't expect that same treatment from other people tho. I know that. I know it's just not realistic.

So I guess this makes it really true. I was warned this stuff could happen no matter my innocence or not, but I ignored those who warned me.  I felt I (we) were above that here. I wanted us to be (above that) here, but in the end, we are all made up of different experiences and behaviors based on those experiences, therefor, left very colorful at times.

So, in a nut shell, some think that what I said, was "disingenuous".  I kinda took offence to that since I really looked at that word and definition, I felt it was calling me a liar or that the statement was dishonest. Everything I did say, was indeed honest and accurate. Again, I am not in sales, and I do not receive any additional $ as in (commission) for promotions of any type. Sure, I work there ans Sure, if they sell more, I stay employed. The real fact is, I could be fired a year from now or leave the CO and work at some screen print shop...and I'd still be giving you the same type of information 3 years later (only with more knowledge at that time I hope). I'm made aware, that having to point that out...makes me look guilty to some. The feeling I had of being called disingenuous was on me, that's (my reaction) to the word.

I took it like this. If any one of you were to make a reply, stating how you would do something pertaining to art but then said (I'm not an artist) so take it for what it's worth".  We've read that a 100 times on here right? Based on this thread, if this is true, that those affiliated with something they are replying about... some feel that you all shouldn't say that, (and you need to be called out on it)....since "you can really be considered an artist by some standards since you've been doing your own art in your shop for a long time and your statement is disingenuous.  You can apply the same scenario to HOW WOULD YOU PRINT THIS? post or any of it. Sure, I realize my examples above are not THAT strong, but likewise, I also feel that lumping my words in as disingenuous is not THAT strong.

I just felt like saying, "Do I really, REALLY need to go that far?  Do I really need to look further down the road, to be that careful, and look for every little detail of the "possibility" of something that can be construed" so as to make everyone so happy with what I say, what WE say, so that I'm protected in all areas at all times?   Really?

Leaving this post and letting you all air your theories, opinions and facts, as you can see...simply grows even more ugly on this topic. This is an ugly thread. A black cloud hangs over. We don't have many black clouds on this forum, and I'm saddened as a result of this, but I've learned a few things and for that, there is nothing wrong.

I have been mistakenly leaning on or relying on my credibility here and assumed those who I have always considered "my people" would know me and know that I would give them nothing but sincere feedback with respect to all involved. I can't say that I will NEVER give feedback on post pertaining to DTS, but I can assure you, it will be much less from here on out. If you want to know something, you can come to me directly.  Thats not because I feel any one of you are in the wrong, just that this thread has made it more clear to me, that people in general, will not allow others to participate openly due to their affiliation (even for me, in my own forum). {edit}, Maybe I should clarify and say that (Co affiliation offering information to the industry) is not expected to be treated as acceptable by all people. for various reasons throughout history. I don't know how one would describe this accurately. Maybe that should have been common sense, but I guess, internally, I was trying to be blind to that.

As for transparency in my signature, I never gave it any thought, as I feel that on forums, as I have been for many years, I am just Dot-Tone-Dan. I have already added it in to my list of accomplishments in my signature.

It seems we have finished this thread out and I want to thank everyone for speaking their mind. Even if I (or we) disagree, you can speak your mind. Don't be surprised tho, if we speak back and/or disagree or get proved wrong. Who wants to go on thinking they are right..when they are not. Not me, so prove me wrong any time. Thats what we do here, and not everyone will always be happy about it. ;) Just remember to be polite.

I'd appreciate it now, Since we've gotten a lot off our chest, if you allow me to lock this thread, simply because I don't want THIS one to go on and on, or years later someone brings it back to life again by replying in 2016. Lets allow it to die and stay dead. If the majority still has issues with it being locked, PM the owners and we will discuss it with you.

Thank you all
Dan

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:16:44 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850