Author Topic: Took a field trip...  (Read 904 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Took a field trip...
« on: January 29, 2015, 04:47:56 PM »
Me and the crew hit the road south yesterday....

To checkout Dave's(Brimmridder) place! WOW! Aside from Dave being absolutely a great sport and basically clearing his day for us, I found he is also extremely modest.  "hope you don't waste a trip" he told me.... The things we picked up on that he didn't even notice(like his customer files  ;D ) were worth the trip alone!

People talk theoretically, on the board, facebook, trade shows, ect. how the "presses need to keep spinning", well we found for Dave those days are called weekdays! His crew was in constant motion, always working toward the goal of finishing the days orders. And when one slight art issue came up(sorry to bust you out Dave) the crew on that press IMMEDIATELY went to one of the other presses and began helping, while one employee went up to strangle a artist and then re image a screen.  It was great to see!

I think the biggest thing I personally came away with is- while it helps to have DTS, auto coater, CH3D, ect. all of that stuff would not help if you don't have proper "job" or "operational" systems installed/in use. I am confident that if Dave was running with a Epson 1440 and all air presses he would still be as productive. He would need to hire more help, so his profits would suffer a bit(which appears to be no problem for him as he told us how rich he has become printing after finding the bar with all night 2 for 1's ;D  ;) ) but with how he is able to implement his systems I think the work would still fly out of there.

Well done Dave! And thanks for letting me and my cronies come waste some of your time, it was a real treat!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: Took a field trip...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 05:02:40 PM »
We are in a great industry most everyone I have interfaces with have been super helpful and giving. Great post and props to Dave
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:08:52 PM »
Hey I've been there in a previous life!  It is awesome!  As is Dave!   :D
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 05:19:30 PM »
Nice report!  Nothing better than visiting a well run shop and leaving with way more knowledge than you went in with.

Dave, I'm next!!  8)
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL