Author Topic: Shop turned into daycare yesterday  (Read 4403 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Shop turned into daycare yesterday
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
One of our best customers called and said she will be by Thursday around 1:00 to place an order (Husband and her are lawyers) great she's right on time.  Now she just had twin girls 15 months ago and has a 4 year old girl all in toe, she ask can they play on the floor while we do business sure my wife said.  I,m in the back printing and I hear all this fuss up front little girls running and crawling all over the place with toys!!!  So one of the twins crawl over to a shirt rack pulls herself up and stands kind of funny for a moment or so.  Mom says I know that look and a few mintues later the other one stands in the doorway and grinds ;D...if your guessing right yep both pooped there pants.  So I went to the back and gave her a blanket to change them, lucky no one else was in the shop...plus I had to stand guard at the water cooler and my desk.  Kids love playing at my desk and messing with the water cooler for some reason.
Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Shop turned into daycare yesterday
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
My greeting area is also home to much of my collection of automobilia, model cars and toys. Obviously it's near impossible to convey to children the concept of look, don't touch, so I keep a stash of "players" as well.

On Tuesday, a little girl was much more intrigued by some packing peanuts and was gleeful to be able to take three home! It was priceless!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:50:11 PM »
Kids young and older want to play on my drum set when they are here... nothing more annoying than someone who can't play drums banging away at nonsence. Now I know what my parents had to go through.

Daycare and poopy diapers happen here with my own kids at least once a week. Still trying to get them to take thier toys home with them.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »
Our front office has turned into a daycare on more than a few occasions. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 05:50:33 PM »
I have had a couple people in my office that were full of crap as well but they were much older! LOL!
Rich Hoffman

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 10:56:19 PM »
It's great having a 4 year old who thinks all the paper, post it notes, Sharpies, high lighters, films, etc are her's to cut up and color. Then add a 4 month old puppy who is working with this little girl to destroy the office. Its great. At least they are both potty trained.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »
My 6 year old grabs the duster and the broom and gets to cleaning and then I put him on disneychannel.com and he is good for the rest of the day

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:47:49 PM »
Having employees is adult daycare.  ;D

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 10:11:59 AM »
I have 60 whining, complaining, stubborn children to deal with all day. Oh wait that's just the employees lol.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
nothing more annoying than someone who can't play drums banging away at nonsence.

Exactly what my old band mates used to say when I would try to play the drums at practice.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 04:05:33 PM »
nothing more annoying than someone who can't play drums banging away at nonsence.

Exactly what my old band mates used to say when I would try to play the drums at practice.

Man I hate guys like you at practice lol! Just kidding.  :P

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »
As you know D I have a store front with T's, football jerseys, football pants, baseball pants etc. and a bunch of them is white... Well you probably guessed where I am going, when the sport season comes in there are kids everywhere with there parents and the parents just let them run wild with there dirty little hands swinging on the clothes racks and playing hide and seek in the rows of baseball pants. I get furious for the parents to just let thier kids run wild in a store (mine especially). And on top of that I have a wall of trophies to show and I lost count on how many has been broken by un-watched kids and I get a " I'm sorry "... and I don't even want to go back to the family that came in and 3 boys had them Blow Pop Suckers!!!! Well I am through venting even this was not a venting post.... by the way I never let my kids get away from me or my wife while we were shopping even in WalMart.. I guess I am just old fashion

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 06:02:29 PM »
Funny you mention Wal-mart a week or so back my wife and I enter Wal-mart to hear a child screaming to the top her of there lungs, and she was way in the back of the store.  Now we've been there about 10 mintues and the child is still screaming up and down every aisle and  lady told us she had been in the store for almost and hour and the same child was screaming then.  Everyone in the store was getting pissed and bang out of nowhere another mother confronts the the mother of the child and her husband...boy you talk about a site to see, now the little girls mom is crying and the girl stop screaming.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 07:02:47 PM »
Funny you mention Wal-mart a week or so back my wife and I enter Wal-mart to hear a child screaming to the top her of there lungs, and she was way in the back of the store.  Now we've been there about 10 mintues and the child is still screaming up and down every aisle and  lady told us she had been in the store for almost and hour and the same child was screaming then.  Everyone in the store was getting pissed and bang out of nowhere another mother confronts the the mother of the child and her husband...boy you talk about a site to see, now the little girls mom is crying and the girl stop screaming.

When do you go to Wal-Mart and NOT hear a kid screaming lol... never. If any of my kids have a meltdown, we are done we will park the cart and exit the store until the meltdown is over with. On side note, our kids never leave the store with a toy or candy, we'll surprise them later at home if we please rather than have them think they are there to get something and flipping out if they don't. A little parenting goes a long way. Too many parents these days want to be thier kid's friend.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:07:19 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 12:50:01 AM »

When do you go to Wal-Mart and NOT hear a kid screaming lol... never. If any of my kids have a meltdown, we are done we will park the cart and exit the store until the meltdown is over with. On side note, our kids never leave the store with a toy or candy, we'll surprise them later at home if we please rather than have them think they are there to get something and flipping out if they don't. A little parenting goes a long way. Too many parents these days want to be thier kid's friend.
Amen to that. I have told my kids that I am not here to be your friend. My oldest (14) does not want to go to church with us anymore. His reasoning is that we dont take his feelings into account. DUH! I told him it is not my responsibility to take into account your feelings on whether or not you want to go. My responsibility is drag your butt there whether you like it or not. I told him he has a drug problem - He will get drug to church every week! lol