Author Topic: Anyone ever run a Precision Oval  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Anyone ever run a Precision Oval
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:01:30 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has ever run one. I can pick one up for next to nothing and its fully operational. Any thoughts?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone ever run a Precision Oval
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has ever run one. I can pick one up for next to nothing and its fully operational. Any thoughts?

I'd pass. Had one and sold it a month later. Not worth the space it'll take up.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:20:47 PM »
Yeah I have heard that as well. Got a Javelin I am looking at to.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »
The people who do like them, really like them, but unfortunately those people are few and far between. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »
There is a reason why you can get it for next to nothing. It about what its worth. :o
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »
What about that rotext (or whatever) auto that is retardedly cheap... all parts can be bought at hardware store and such.

Can't help but think that would be a good headache to have. :D

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 06:24:25 PM »
I ran one for about 4, 4.5 hours.. that's how long it took us to drag it onto the flatbad and drive it to the scrap yard  :P

It's not even worth it's weight in scrap now.. I'd bet the entire thing would get you $500-900 cash from the recycling these days.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 09:50:47 PM »
I ran one for about 4, 4.5 hours.. that's how long it took us to drag it onto the flatbad and drive it to the scrap yard  :P

It's not even worth it's weight in scrap now.. I'd bet the entire thing would get you $500-900 cash from the recycling these days.
I think thats what is actually going to happen to it.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 11:54:19 AM »
I ran one (or supervised others running one) While at Disney. Ours ran great and held good registration for non critical stuff although, when first tuned up, you can run butt to butt sim process.  It was a tank that ran for ever, long productions runs out of that thing. It must have been 15-17 years old when I got to it. Probably bought it brand new at the time. The only downfall was it was chain driven and after tuning it, you'd get some  good runs and then need to tighten the chain again. You also could not fine tune the printing process very much. One angle for the squeegee if I remember correctly.

Buyer beware,

A few years ago, I was offered something similar. A 'come and get it' type deal since they were upgrading (do they said).

Well, I gladly came and got it. Heck, a 6 color auto?  It would do 500 per hour. Heck yea!  So, I got a gang of friends and loaded it on a flat bead. It weighs about 2300 lb.  :o  I was told that it runs. They had it disconnected once i got there. They said "Oh yeah, it runs great!"  Want me to hook it backup again?  Yes, I said. Well, it took some doing because they didn't remember what power lines went to what when they disconnected it. (They had a 3 phase converter box). So, I said, well, I'm here and it's free.  I took it.  Back tot he house I went. Dropped it off into the driveway and rolled it into the garage. It sat for just the right time and I negotiated to put it into another printers shop in Orlando. We re-located it and let his team set it up.

Didn't run.  Well, technically, (it did run).  It just wouldn't print. They hired Mr press Doctor in Fl to come check it out. Was determined that it needed another parts. It would swing around....but would not clam shell down to print. The parts wee around another $1000.00 and in reality, it was about 20 years old.  We scrapped it. I let the other guy get whatever he could out of it since he paid for the transportation and the Press Dr. to check it out.

Lesson learned. Nothings free really.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 03:20:23 PM »
Bought mine for 800 sold it for a 1000 , went from NY to AZ. Good riddance....

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
Well I made a nice deal on a 6/8 Javelin, really clean, now  just have to get down there and transport it. I am stoked but wont be able to get it for a couple weeks and that sucks.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 07:06:54 PM »
What kind of deal?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 07:13:18 PM »
4K but I have to pick it up.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 07:23:44 PM »
Its in great shape everything works, needs nothing, not even a cleaning. The oval could be had for about 1200

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 01:03:16 AM »
4K but I have to pick it up.

Sounds like people are giving away stuff this month I better start looking for my deal of century  ;D