Author Topic: Ryonet advertising their own brand of discharge base and pre-mix white?????  (Read 14228 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Ryonet advertising their own brand of discharge base and pre-mix white?????
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »
Jiffy mixer? is that an actual product? Ill check into that. Carpal tunneled up wrists as it is, this may lessen the stress factor a bit. You mean one of those paint whips that you put on a dril?

Thats the one. They make them in a small size for qt containers.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline DanK

Dan Holzer

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »
thanks for the link Dan. I noticed a couple that I had here in a closet have a paint coating on them, probably not a good idea to use those, I'll order a couple of these bad boys.

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »
We've got a jiffy mixer but rarely use it.  We don't buy too many 5 gallons of anything because I just can't commit to any white or even black ink long enough to do so.  I mix our gallons with our goop scoop and use an up and down motion like a jackhammer to mix and it works great.  It seems to loosen up the ink better and faster than stirring in a circular motion.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »
We use these from Home Depot for stubborn WB on a drill, $4.98 each, they work in quarts just fine.

I got this idea from another generous member whose name I can't remember, wide wood paddle bits and grind the tips flat, cut the shank to your taste, these will be waaay easier to clean, it's on my to-do list. 

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »
Tanner Smith from SPA is coming by today to look at these mix issues with the discharge whites and see what's up. I hope to have someone in person see the issue at hand with the sui.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Been a while since my last post on this, been busy, thanks to God!!!! Tanner from SPA spent an afternoon with us to see what our issue was. In the end, he recommended the same thing, using a powered mixer of some type, mini drill press with the ground down paddle, power drill ect. I had done so many mixes for tests it was nuts. Here is where it gets funny. I had a run last week where I mixed a half gallon of the cci white straight, no dilution at all. Mixed easy, stayed creamy, didn't lock up after being on press for 2 hours, came out of the screen after the run just as creamy as it went in. Today, I wanted to test a design. I figured heck let me see something. Put some of that mix from last week in the screen, ran a couple shirts. Boom, discharged just as bright as the run from last week. Now this stuff had been sitting in the mix bucket with aluminum foil on it as a lid. It didn't dehydrate, didn't separate, and after a week still discharged. Just to play, it had about 800 grams of ink in it, I then added 400 grams of Matsui brite base to the mix, whipped that up, added another 20 grams of activator to compensate for the newly added base,, whipped that up, let it sit for 20 mins. Came back loaded up the screen. Not only did it discharge even better, brighter, it was totally brite white, not the normal bone white that most of the discharge white printing I have tried came out with. The two brands mixed together fine, stayed creamy and wet in the screen and had an awesome eye popping end result. Try it if you have any of it around the shop and an hour to mess with. Everyone's white that I have seen from discharge printing has always been more bone or off white, this one was like looking at wilflex quick white plastisol. Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their input. We have a new found excitement with printing white discharge. I'm trying to get with any customers of Screen Process of Alabama to bulk a nice order of CCI white so that they can move that into their inventory. I know it's available through other places, but just like we got them to carry Matsui, it would be cool to see them get the CCI white as a stock item. Have a great Friday guys!

Mike

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
I have about a gallon left of the Matsui white and once that's gone I'm going with the CCI stuff. I just did a run of one color white-on-red with the CCI, uncut. Single stroke pass with a light flood. Bright, clean white print. Much easier on the hands than the Matsui printing manually, I can't print with way less pressure.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I agree man, mixes easier, stays creamy, and it really is brighter white.