Author Topic: ISS Long Beach Jan 20-22...Be there!!!! (all reptiles welcomed)  (Read 17760 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: ISS Long Beach Jan 20-22...Be there!!!! (all reptiles welcomed)
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 01:00:52 AM »
Just to check in and let everyone know what a great show Long Beach was (and is) and to once again give thanks to Paul S and Rich H and Tim Johnson, and Dan Axelson, for their personal attention to me, along with Peter Walsh, Mark Vasilantone, Doug Grigar, and Lord knows  how many other gracious and friendly representatives of the industry I met.
Then, we have the members from this board that I was able to meet face to face, and even eat and drink with many of them Friday night.
I am sorry for any members who I didn't get to meet, and Erik of Action, every time I tried to get to you you, someone else had some real product questions for you that I thought took precedence, and the next thing I knew, the show was over. Hopefully next time.

Last, and far from least was my long awaited formal induction into the TSPMB refugees. I haven't felt this close and accepted and family-like since I was sent to sit on the Group "W" bench during my induction way back in 1971!
Coyote Bob, with his grand prize of a full set of DTG inks from Resolute was not the only winner by a long shot!

Alice's Restaurant Group W Bench

And the whole song (revisited)

Alice's Restaurant (Full 23 Minute Song)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Action1

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »
Just to check in and let everyone know what a great show Long Beach was (and is) and to once again give thanks to Paul S and Rich H and Tim Johnson, and Dan Axelson, for their personal attention to me, along with Peter Walsh, Mark Vasilantone, Doug Grigar, and Lord knows  how many other gracious and friendly representatives of the industry I met.
Then, we have the members from this board that I was able to meet face to face, and even eat and drink with many of them Friday night.
I am sorry for any members who I didn't get to meet, and Erik of Action, every time I tried to get to you you, someone else had some real product questions for you that I thought took precedence, and the next thing I knew, the show was over. Hopefully next time.

Last, and far from least was my long awaited formal induction into the TSPMB refugees. I haven't felt this close and accepted and family-like since I was sent to sit on the Group "W" bench during my induction way back in 1971!
Coyote Bob, with his grand prize of a full set of DTG inks from Resolute was not the only winner by a long shot!

Good afternoon Frog. Our team took the redeye last night and have been here following up on our show orders and promises since 9am. It really was a fantastic show for every exhibitor & attendee that I spoke with.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to make the journey. Frog - my apologies for not being available. I would have sincerely enjoyed meeting you. It really was a very busy show and because we had so many new products to discuss - presentations were lengthy. I hope we'll meet next year. :)

Offline lemorris

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 12:22:13 AM »
:)

I think it's great that you sound so official Frog.  If I hadn't had the "it's not a hug unless it lasts 10 seconds in our PJs" moment, I'd believe you.  :)

kiddin

sorta....NH

anyway

It was a blast.  the show was great as always.  I regret not getting a chance to chat with Deb Sexton, but I got to meet a lot more folk and actually walked out of there with 3 solid and many many more potential jobs.

Gotta say thanks to Hoffman.  had a great chat about his Asian stuff and then he bought my dinner.....(actually all of ours dinner)...even though he didn't join us.  Laid back cat...it was a nice gesture, so big ups on that.

I was hopin there would be more Shirtboard on hand but Coyote, and friends were down.

The beach house crew was great as always.  You know...space is limited, but there's a bunch of houses right there.  It'd be easy for another group to do the same thing...then it'd be a block party...or...actually a blockhead party...taking the participants into consideration. :)

A lot of folks may wonder what the benefit in going to the show is and I gotta tell you...networking....putting faces to names, finding common ground and talking shop with shops is the best.

I have life long friends because of this event.  It's made me better.

Can't wait for next year.

-lemorris

p.s.  Steve Monroe was awesome.....period.  :)

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »
Totally agree with you Lemorris. Would like to get another group involved and get a second house. We can have the blockhead party. That would be awesome. As far as learning something new..... I will never use the term "lol" again. DUDE

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »
Totally agree with you Lemorris. Would like to get another group involved and get a second house. We can have the blockhead party. That would be awesome. As far as learning something new..... I will never use the term "lol" again. DUDE
Ok whats did you guys come up with lol? lol!

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
Be careful of what you ask for..... :)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
It is a big kick for me to meet people I know as board members and see if my mental image of that person matches up with my perception. I met Dave Garrison of "Spreading Ink" whom I've sponke with over the phone a few times and exchaned emails. Great Guy, very down to earth with a business that has grown into a major player in large format. Lemorris is always rolling everyone with the quips.  Jill is the greatest. I miss everyone all ready.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 12:05:48 PM »
It is a big kick for me to meet people I know as board members and see if my mental image of that person matches up with my perception. I met Dave Garrison of "Spreading Ink" whom I've sponke with over the phone a few times and exchaned emails. Great Guy, very down to earth with a business that has grown into a major player in large format. Lemorris is always rolling everyone with the quips.  Jill is the greatest. I miss everyone all ready.

I met a guy wearing your badge....lol It was not you though.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
Yep, that would have been Doug...  Met him for breakfast at Seal Beach. He left his badge at his Dad's place.. (go figure) since we were done with the show, I
loaned him mine to save him some miles.

Offline lemorris

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 11:13:30 AM »
Dinner Party Video

Good times

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtYFQcq7uSU