Author Topic: REALLY Bright/Opaque Neon Green  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: REALLY Bright/Opaque Neon Green
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 10:32:04 AM »
I'm ashamed to admit this, but I don't REALLY know the difference between NEON, FLUOROESCENT, and BLACKLIGHT inks.

I don't really want to jack this thread, but is it easy to clear up?

I print shirts for a blacklighted sporting environment, and I just buy what I always buy. And I try to print a really solid, smooth white base. Then I check them with a blacklight for performance. They work, but its the terminology that trips me up.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »
Backlight Green is made with a high opacity Base like most standard inks, and they use regular green pigments.  Florescent inks are used with a high opacity base as well, but use neon pigments which are very transparent by nature which is why it is very difficult to achieve good coverage.  The neon series is similar to the fluorescent ink, but they mix in some white with the ink to give it more opacity. 
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »
Backlight Green is made with a high opacity Base like most standard inks, and they use regular green pigments.  Florescent inks are used with a high opacity base as well, but use neon pigments which are very transparent by nature which is why it is very difficult to achieve good coverage.  The neon series is similar to the fluorescent ink, but they mix in some white with the ink to give it more opacity.

You are where I've bought Triflex Fluorescent the last couple of times. What is THAT exactly?  It's all I've used for this customer, but I didn't use you at first. Is there anything new that performs BETTER under blacklight?

This guy needs consistency and he's happy...so I'd be hard pressed to change his specs. Unless something really special comes along.

Thanks Kevin!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »
I have yet to try any One Stroke neons.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 01:09:04 PM »
I HATE fluorescents.  They have horrid opacity and require basically a 100% white base AND double hitting or a low mesh to look "right" in my experience.  Neons seem to perform much better, and many of them are basically identical in color.  The one stroke neons KICK. MAJOR. ASS.  Great opacity and print like a dream.  Kevin's neons are also good and I've been printing those more and more, and they are priced better, but I have to say I liked the comparable One Stroke inks better.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 01:48:12 PM »

You are where I've bought Triflex Fluorescent the last couple of times. What is THAT exactly?  It's all I've used for this customer, but I didn't use you at first. Is there anything new that performs BETTER under blacklight?

This guy needs consistency and he's happy...so I'd be hard pressed to change his specs. Unless something really special comes along.

Thanks Kevin!

Triangle Tri-flex are their regular fluorescent inks. This would be their fluorescent green. 
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
Sericol DC examples

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
Tested the sericol flo DC's last year.  They are indeed awesome.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »
I HATE fluorescents.  They have horrid opacity and require basically a 100% white base AND double hitting or a low mesh to look "right" in my experience.  Neons seem to perform much better, and many of them are basically identical in color.  The one stroke neons KICK. MAJOR. ASS.  Great opacity and print like a dream.  Kevin's neons are also good and I've been printing those more and more, and they are priced better, but I have to say I liked the comparable One Stroke inks better.

Which series are you using Mimosa?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 01:17:07 PM »
I believe the One Stroke neons were their EZ FLO series.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
Thanks!

FYI, their 357 poly ink is AMAZING!  Expensive, but amazing!