Author Topic: Yep, local politicians suck too.  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Yep, local politicians suck too.
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »
Mayor of my town called for 150 white shirts. 1 color front 1 color back. "We need them cheap!" Yeah, you all know that story. Gave them my quote and then they mention that they got them printed for $2 each last year... why the fudge did they bother calling if they can get them for 2 bucks?! Now they're trying to cut a bunch of deals for cheaper shirts. Manipulative douches. Bleh, another reason I don't vote. Sorry to add to the rant parade... I do feel a little better now though.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Yep, local politicians suck too.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »
Beats what happened here.  A local University put out a bid for vendors, we jumped through all the hoops and were denied because we didn't turn in a sheet of paper...so they say.  We actually did, but hey.  At any rate, no companies that printed in this state were chosen, pretty sad since we got so many phone calls from our contacts up there.  They liked using us, we bailed their butts out.  Now these companies are raping them and there is nothing they can do.  They are locked into their contracts.

Just dumb.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »
Damn that does suck. I just don't understand people. Times like this motivate me to just be an employee lol

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »
Tell 'em your a union shop.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:00:23 AM »
A local University put out a bid for vendors, no companies that printed in this state were chosen

They are locked into their contracts.

All because someone in the money chain thought it would make them look good if they saved a few bucks right off the top.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
Tell 'em your a union shop.

Tongue in cheek of course, because union members don't like non-union members to pretend they are union members, if you know what I mean.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 09:10:01 AM »
Of course it's all about who you know...we filed paperwork to contest the contracts, but of course that was never replied to.  The guy in charge of the whole thing is crooked...it's government though, and there is nothing I can do about it.  If it was a private entity, I have some legal recourse, but the government doesn't care.  At least at a private business this guy would fear losing his job if a manager found out, but instead, he's not afraid of anything.

The sad part is, we get calls from the other "vendors" to print the shirts on a contract basis.  I quote 'em high and let them move on...the school has already figured out how to beat their system.

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
Mayor of my town called for 150 white shirts. 1 color front 1 color back. "We need them cheap!" Yeah, you all know that story. Gave them my quote and then they mention that they got them printed for $2 each last year... why the fudge did they bother calling if they can get them for 2 bucks?! Now they're trying to cut a bunch of deals for cheaper shirts. Manipulative douches. Bleh, another reason I don't vote. Sorry to add to the rant parade... I do feel a little better now though.

You should vote, just not for him :P