Author Topic: Printer / Plotter for printing films  (Read 861 times)

Online zanegun08

Printer / Plotter for printing films
« on: April 29, 2015, 09:38:12 PM »
After converting to Direct to Screen, I'm now thinking of getting rid of our image setters since having the chemicals and machinery around just for the rare occasion of printing films, or the small percentage of super oversize films, 19" wide x 27" or larger doesn't make much sense.

I have a dream of getting something like a Roland Versicamm, or a Epson printer that can print sticker / banner media, and a plotter for contour cutting.  Just trying to get something that is versatile for our business, and I've long wanted a printer / plotter.

Is this a pipe dream, or is anyone currently using their printers for more than just one purpose?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Printer / Plotter for printing films
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »
If by more than one purpose you are getting back to the film issue, I'd say that most serious screeners seem to have a dedicated film positive printer with dye inks and perhaps all black carts.
Some of us less serious folks run pigment inks and run transfers as well as pretty good films.

I think that what you can do with your possible purchase will depend on what inks you are using for your particular media.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?