Author Topic: New Product Feedback Request  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Action1

New Product Feedback Request
« on: May 06, 2015, 01:13:44 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen and Friends of TSB - We are working to develop a new product and would very much appreciate your valuable feedback.

Pictured below is a Hot Iron of dimensions 4" x 18". It mounts onto your squeegee holder in position 1. The iron flattens and smooths the material before it is printed. It has been presented to us that some very fibrous materials are more easily smoothed this way than with a Roller squeegee. I think there will also be additional benefits.

Awaiting your excellent feedback

Action Engineering product Development

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: New Product Feedback Request
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:17:33 PM »
hard to tell. It could go either way.

We'll gladly test it for you though!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Action1

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 01:28:20 PM »
Thank you Pierre. I have seen a video of this being done. A shop outside the US had put this together. They have vast expertise in printing and swear by this method. They use it and a Roller squeegee and are getting results that are seriously impressive. One of our reps was there a few weeks ago.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »
how heavy do you think it'll end up, and will it put undue stress on the carriage/print head/etc (guessing not as many people run their print pressures so high it's crazy), but just thought I'd throw that out there.

way cool idea.

Offline Action1

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 01:59:13 PM »
how heavy do you think it'll end up, and will it put undue stress on the carriage/print head/etc (guessing not as many people run their print pressures so high it's crazy), but just thought I'd throw that out there.

way cool idea.

Thank you sir. I agree that weight is a concern. We have a target weight of about what a roller squeegee is. The heated surface is a Teflon Impregnated aluminum. The weight should be ok - another reason for limiting the length to 4"

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »
Looks promising to me.

I doubt the weight would be too big of an issue - there are plenty of flash units that attach to the floodbar choppers already.

Making sure that powercord is safely attached is very important.