Author Topic: I missed the city name and phone number on a 36 shirt job...  (Read 5802 times)

Offline diavale

• Verified/Junior
Re: I missed the city name and phone number on a 36 shirt job...
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 10:43:01 AM »
why is the so much back and forth on this. it was an accident, luckily easy to fix. I'd tell Im so sorry bring them back in line up a screen on a manual press and throw down the info. Simple quick fix wish they could all be fixed that easily.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 10:47:32 AM »
why is the so much back and forth on this. it was an accident, luckily easy to fix. I'd tell Im so sorry bring them back in line up a screen on a manual press and throw down the info. Simple quick fix wish they could all be fixed that easily.

There's a lot of back and forth on this and similar posts because
1. The OP is a newbie and this is a first for him
2. This industry is known for having a variety of cat-skinning techniques
3. there are many helpful members trying to offer advice.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Appstro

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 10:54:56 AM »
Frogs the man!!
To me it seems that it would be next to impossible to line up correctly on press. Probably because I am new to screen printing.
Thanks everyone. :) This is the most helpful forum around. :)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
Frogs the man!!
To me it seems that it would be next to impossible to line up correctly on press. Probably because I am new to screen printing.

What? My method explained just how easy this particular job is to line up on press!
However, I also understand that comfort level comes into play here as well.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 11:02:50 AM »
that's a no brainer, and a perfect use of lasers...

other thing you could do is burn a screen with the original logo, and use that to line everything up by dropping the screen and lining up the print to it.

I wouldn't even think of charging the customer for something like this, our mistake, we fix it...

Are you saying I should give him a full refund?

no refund at all, just get the shirts back and fix 'em free of charge.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 11:09:07 AM »
Frogs the man!!

If you are going to replace them anyway, best to get back the other shirts and "learn" from them.....With Frog's method you may end up with a good result and if not you get some "practice" that will serve you well in the future....

Good luck....

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 11:14:29 AM »
Honestly you should give lining them up on a press a try... nothing to lose, $60 or so in blanks to save... and not having to re-register the 2 screens.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 11:16:45 AM »
Don't sweat it... it's really easier than you think.  Just do it and you will be happier from the experience in the end.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 11:25:17 AM »
After seeing the art do what frog said. Direct print and line up however you feel is easiest. The card he suggested will work well or lasers or honestly by eye for something like this. Do not refund the whole job. Do the fix for free though and offer a discount on a future order for the inconvenience

Online Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 12:02:02 PM »
another line up idea is to make a screen of the original white, put it on a finer mesh so you can see through it easily. When you pull a shirt on, lower the clean screen and pull the shirt around until it matches up, then print the missing art. It's not too dissimilar from the laser idea, as you still have to move the shirt around, but if you don't have the laser pointers, this will get you there too... and though I don't have to say it, I should just in case; make sure your additional type screen is registered to the line up screen... go for it, you'll be OK, and you'll get faster as you go.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 03:56:38 PM »

other thing you could do is burn a screen with the original logo, and use that to line everything up by dropping the screen and lining up the print to it.

That's an awesome idea.  Never even occurred to me.  Twin registered screens.  One with just enuf for lineup and the other with just the missing to print in times like these.

Easy peasy as CYW would say.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »
My problem with the extra screen, is that since my method works for me, I find making another screen way more trouble and expensive than a hunk of cardboard!

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 07:59:14 PM »
My problem with the extra screen, is that since my method works for me, I find making another screen way more trouble and expensive than a hunk of cardboard!

what we would do is reburn the entire screen, blockout with clear tape the area we don't want to print and then line up from that. That could be what Steve means...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 08:45:11 PM »

what we would do is reburn the entire screen, blockout with clear tape the area we don't want to print and then line up from that. That could be what Steve means...

I thought about that, but thought when you press down any on the taped over text for lineup and get ink on your fingers from previous swipes it could be messy.  That's why I was leaning towards the two.

Andy, I thought about your method and if it works for you, bonus.  I just didn't think I'd get that to work.  Last time I tried cardboard under some nylon bags, it was tragic, lol.  I know shirts are not bags, but my vote was on the screens. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 08:56:44 PM »
Like Homer said, we've all done it.

Missing is much better than incorrect, and with a little effort, it probably could be fixed.
Could you either post a pic or send a couple of us a pic to assess the situation and better advise.

Working a miracle could really lift you up in this custy's eyes.
Yeah, everyone has done this, and for 36 shirts you can fix it in an hour or so. Get it done. And quit worrying about how long stuff takes. I've been printing for 12 years and not a day goes by that I don't learn a better and faster way to do something.
Raster to vector conversion