Author Topic: M&R Cayenne D 22x24  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Admiral

M&R Cayenne D 22x24
« on: April 16, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
The Cayenne D is a 22" x 24" model. It was bought for our Challenger III, we don't do many long runs though and prefer the other quartz flashes.

$4K for the Cayenne D + freight.  Very little use on this.  A tech did remove 1 of the blowers to get it to work a bit better for smaller runs.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
Re: M&R Cayenne D 22x24
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:12:25 PM »
Curious...Wouldn't more air help cure faster, so you would have your timer on as long?
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »
Curious...Wouldn't more air help cure faster, so you would have your timer on as long?

Once this thing is heated up the flash times are very fast.  2 seconds fast at high speeds, it seems to take longer than our other flashes until it is warmed up (along with the platens).  I thought the idea of removing some of the air flow was so they didn't cool down as much, to work better on shorter runs. 

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 08:40:10 PM »

Once this thing is heated up the flash times are very fast.  2 seconds fast at high speeds, it seems to take longer than our other flashes until it is warmed up (along with the platens).  I thought the idea of removing some of the air flow was so they didn't cool down as much, to work better on shorter runs.
your standby voltage is probably adjusted too low.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Steve Harpold

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »
Sorry Pierre I forgot the quote thing again

In the case of plastisol (a little different when considering waterbase/discharge as small air movement will aid evaporation process) more air will cause for longer curing times on a flash especially in the beginning.
Science side:
1: bulbs turn on heat transfers to the item with the least amount of energy (other factors involved, but quick explanation)
2: if you run room temperature air past the bulbs the heat will transfer to the air essentially cooling the bulbs off
3: The bulbs expend energy heating air
4: This all relates to my previous posts inquiring about the use of a idle circuit

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »
Bump, still for sale.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »
Sold.