Author Topic: Anyone running Adobe CC with Mavericks (latest)?  (Read 1872 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Anyone running Adobe CC with Mavericks (latest)?
« on: June 02, 2015, 10:52:58 PM »
Since "upgrading" from Snow Leopard and CS5 my rig is just crawling compared to how it was.  Particularly, CC is performing very poorly and I would say a new bug pops up about twice a week.  It's bizarre and maddening between the sluggish OS (my Finder app had to be force quit today) and the CC weirdness (I don't recall ever staring at a spinning beach ball for so long).  I often show my office mates what's going on just to have someone to vouch for my former sanity when I lose my goddamn mind here.   

I run a 2009/10 Mac Pro 2.93 quad with 32g ram in it, good vid card, etc.  Pretty sure the computer ain't the problem but I realize that a 5-6 yo machine might have something incompatible with today's software. 

Has anyone else who moved up to the fantastic world of CC and Mavericks experienced similar things?  Any solutions or places to look for sources of the issues?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone running Adobe CC with Mavericks (latest)?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 11:11:47 PM »
Since "upgrading" from Snow Leopard and CS5 my rig is just crawling compared to how it was.  Particularly, CC is performing very poorly and I would say a new bug pops up about twice a week.  It's bizarre and maddening between the sluggish OS (my Finder app had to be force quit today) and the CC weirdness (I don't recall ever staring at a spinning beach ball for so long).  I often show my office mates what's going on just to have someone to vouch for my former sanity when I lose my goddamn mind here.   

I run a 2009/10 Mac Pro 2.93 quad with 32g ram in it, good vid card, etc.  Pretty sure the computer ain't the problem but I realize that a 5-6 yo machine might have something incompatible with today's software. 

Has anyone else who moved up to the fantastic world of CC and Mavericks experienced similar things?  Any solutions or places to look for sources of the issues?
I`m running CC with Yosemite, which actually is the latest OS. But between Mavericks and Yosemite I could not tell really which one is worse.
There is constantly a lack of curser response especially in Adobe Illustrator but as well in other apps so I guess the OS is at fault here.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone running Adobe CC with Mavericks (latest)?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 11:13:17 PM »
Derp...Yosemite 10.10.3 is what I'm running.

Sincerely,

-Man who clearly know little about computers but is nonetheless bitching about computers.