Author Topic: S Mesh Screens  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: S Mesh Screens
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 11:42:55 PM »
Darryl,

I recent;y made the switch too. Try the 150 for your white. I think you will like it better. It clears just as easy. I'm still deciding between 180 and 225 for my top colors. On the auto I'm thinking the 225 should definitely do you fine but test one of each.

Best thing I have ever done.

Onewithpez

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 03:34:07 AM »
Orion, thanks for the link. Like I said, I over tensioned my screens as I never did the research. Most have lasted the higher tensions, but I am very low volume compared to most of you and I am fairly careful with my screens and I am a 1 man shop. Thanks for the help everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
Darryl,

I recent;y made the switch too. Try the 150 for your white. I think you will like it better. It clears just as easy. I'm still deciding between 180 and 225 for my top colors. On the auto I'm thinking the 225 should definitely do you fine but test one of each.

Yeah I bought each of the most popular mesh cts, I put my tension meter on them right out the box and it read 18 to 19 for all of them, I was thinking it might had been a little higher put still a good working screen tension for statics.  I will be changing them out as my other screen go south which ain't to far LOL.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 10:49:59 AM »
Yeah I bought each of the most popular mesh cts, I put my tension meter on them right out the box and it read 18 to 19 for all of them, I was thinking it might had been a little higher put still a good working screen tension for statics.  I will be changing them out as my other screen go south which ain't to far LOL.

where did you get yours from?  Not everybody is stretching the S-Mesh the same way...

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 10:52:55 AM »
Darryl,

225 for top colors will definitely work, you could honestly get away with a 280/300 (or something comparable around there) and be perfectly fine.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 06:52:13 PM »
Darryl,

Wow what a difference it makes to get them stretched by Muarakami. They stretched our static frames to 28N for the 150-S and  225-S are as well around 26N-28N. They did a beautiful job.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 09:44:30 AM »
I am pretty sure I have in 6 years popped more screens than any other one man shop. Every pop is a message and a lesson.
Now we are pretty good at stretching without the pop. The key  on square bar frames is softening the corners ESPECIALLY on the top roller.
Our shop typical is
40Nm on 156
30 -32 on 196
28 - 30 on 230
25-28 on 180 S-mesh
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.