Author Topic: Blacklight /Glow in the dark Ink?  (Read 8541 times)

Offline ErinAllenLamb

• Verified/Junior
Re: Blacklight /Glow in the dark Ink?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 03:38:31 PM »
Hey Guys!

I am not sure if this was clarified, but thought I would put my two cents in.

Phosphorescent glows in the dark after being charged by UV light.  Wilflex has three offerings.  Phosphorescent, Kosmic Glo and Ultra Kosmic Glo (or something close to that). As they go up in level and glow strength they go up in price.  They will not glow bright under black light.

Most Flourescent inks will flouresce (spelling) or glow under black lights. However, not all of them will. They will glow the color that they are. Just verify with the ink companies tech services if the color  you are printing will flouresce.  Like Union; Wilflex has a product that is a clear that glows under black light, but is clear and cannot be seen in regular light. IT is called luna clear and can be printed directy on garments or on an underbase.

Happy Friday!

Erin

slightly off topic, but Erin could you tell us what are we supposed to use to dilute the glow in the dark ink? I recently purchased some of the QCM's super concentrated stuff ($120 for a quart!) and wanted to reduce it a little. Should we use reducer or expander to make more ink?

pierre

I am not entirely sure what QCM used to suspend the phosphorescent or glow in the dark particle, but we recommend using a matte finish clear. So something like Soft Hand Clear, GNS Halftone Base or Finesse. 

Our high level glow in the darks are actually stronger particles, not more of one particle.  That is not saying that you can't extend it out, just wanted to make you aware.

Thanks,

Erin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 03:47:59 PM »
Hey Guys!

I am not sure if this was clarified, but thought I would put my two cents in.

Phosphorescent glows in the dark after being charged by UV light.  Wilflex has three offerings.  Phosphorescent, Kosmic Glo and Ultra Kosmic Glo (or something close to that). As they go up in level and glow strength they go up in price.  They will not glow bright under black light.

Most Flourescent inks will flouresce (spelling) or glow under black lights. However, not all of them will. They will glow the color that they are. Just verify with the ink companies tech services if the color  you are printing will flouresce.  Like Union; Wilflex has a product that is a clear that glows under black light, but is clear and cannot be seen in regular light. IT is called luna clear and can be printed directy on garments or on an underbase.

Happy Friday!

Erin

slightly off topic, but Erin could you tell us what are we supposed to use to dilute the glow in the dark ink? I recently purchased some of the QCM's super concentrated stuff ($120 for a quart!) and wanted to reduce it a little. Should we use reducer or expander to make more ink?

pierre

I am not entirely sure what QCM used to suspend the phosphorescent or glow in the dark particle, but we recommend using a matte finish clear. So something like Soft Hand Clear, GNS Halftone Base or Finesse. 

Our high level glow in the darks are actually stronger particles, not more of one particle.  That is not saying that you can't extend it out, just wanted to make you aware.

Thanks,

Erin

cool!!! Thanx for the info!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 11:20:17 AM »
Thanks that is what I was asking about, but didn't really state it, a good underbase will work the magic, cool...these are college kids wanting to do a shirt for some party they are having....in the dark with glow in the dark shirts hmmmm.

Darryl

If the request is just to have half say "male" and the other half to say "female", I suspect they will not glow long enough.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers