Author Topic: Graftec CE6000 and Cutting Master 3  (Read 746 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Graftec CE6000 and Cutting Master 3
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:24:53 PM »
First, what is the maximum width I can cut with my CE6000-40? It takes 15" media, but am figuring I lose about 1"- 1.5", right?
Next, I found that in Cutting Master 3, Condition 2 seems to encompass the settings that work with my designs on Siser Easyweed (at least so far). What do others use?

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Graftec CE6000 and Cutting Master 3
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:48:43 PM »
You lose about .75 for the push rollers.
Also, conditions, you will have to mess with yours to get them right. It is the same (Close) questions when you ask someone what is your dryer setting :)
Or how long you expose your emulsion.
It depends how deep you blade is set, on the speed, material that you cut. You will have to waste some material, unfortunately, until you dial it in.
Use a few test cuts until you get it close. It will cut triangle inside of the rectangle. If those two shapes weed good, you should be OK.
When cutting, if you have blade marks on the backing (Extensive marks), you blade is too deep (Too far out)

Good luck

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Graftec CE6000 and Cutting Master 3
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »
Well, as I said, Condition 3 worked for me after manually setting (and manually testing) the blade length. So, at least for the time being, if it ain't broke, I ain't gonna' fix it unless someone advises me otherwise.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?