Author Topic: New White Ink Coming Soon  (Read 4763 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: New White Ink Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 06:30:41 PM »
Call it a favor for one, next is perhaps we ask more from our white ink than others...I guess that's why.  I've always thought Union Cotton White was the standard for which to start judging a white ink, but it's lacking the opacity and flash time for us, and it's matte down is probably average.  I put a higher need for opacity and matte down due to our style (one-hits, less use of top/highlight whites on jobs, etc) and having an ink that flashes really fast makes things SO much easier when printing PITA high color count spot jobs on darks.  I find cotton inks typically flash longer than LB's and have higher after flash tack which causes all kinds of problems with the goofy jobs we do.

And I'd say that the average large shop here in the states is quite different than the shops here that don't have a high need for a standard cotton white.  And I guess another reason why I'm doing this is so someone might get some benefit out of it and be thankful they didn't have to do it, I just enjoy it for many reasons.

Alan all good points. I hope you didn't take my post as you are wasting your time. I didn't mean it that way. Any time you can test an ink and get your shop familiar with what you can do with it is a plus. I love testing products but as I have said in the past. Each shop is different and each ink needs a special set up to print well. You have things you look for in a ink, you mentioned them earlier. Is that based on what make an ink good or is that the variables that fit your shops print style. I have printed tons of LB white inks, they all print great when you get your press dialed in for them. Some are more forgiving then others but they all do the job. Keep up the good work. One of these days I will be in Texas and come see you. My brother lives about 30 mins from you.

No I didn't take them negatively, and it was a good viewpoint and did nothing but add to the thread in a positive way.  I'd love to have some visitors, that's one of my favorite things in this business is when other printers come to visit.  I can spend all day out back talking about why we do things the way we do and then listening to other viewpoints and methods.  Dave has been threatening to get down here and walk through those shop doors and the invitation is open for all-comers.  I wish there was a way to have shop field trips where a small group of us could go to various shops all over the states once every quarter or so.  If I win the lottery, I'll pay for everyone's travel to and from a designated shop 4-5 times per year, gotta go buy some tickets so I can make this happen.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »
Any updates on this Alan?

Offline BorisB

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 08:35:47 AM »
If I win the lottery, I'll pay for everyone's travel to and from a designated shop 4-5 times per year, gotta go buy some tickets so I can make this happen.

Any updates on this Alan?

You are asking if Alan won lottery  ;) ?  And we are all invited?

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »
Whats the brand?  The bucket looked like it had an Imagestar logo on it?  Alan, are using Joe's smiling Jack squeegee to get a faster print speed?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 10:27:39 AM »
The ink is from Joe Clarke, Clarke Product Renovation.  The same Joe that brought you Smilin' Jacks and Control Without Confusion.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »
The ink is from Joe Clarke, Clarke Product Renovation.  The same Joe that brought you Smilin' Jacks and Control Without Confusion.

There was also The M&R publication Professional Screen Printing Series: Level 1, co-authored by Joe Clarke and Colleen C. Lynch. That handbook was dubbed "The Printers Bible".
Dale Hoyal

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 10:55:16 AM »
Sitting on a table next to my desk.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
Same here.. along with Richard Greaves' Printers Guidebook.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 02:07:56 PM »
Give me holler with the details.... I'll give it a go.