Author Topic: New Shop Update  (Read 3068 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: New Shop Update
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »
We have a universal(U-clamp system) on all the machines here.....It can accept pin lock tabs which go on all screens - but I have not tested this system yet....... I am currently using just a normal clamping system along with a pallet that matches our cts machine(real similar to a tri loc)...... I've attached some photos of our "special registration pallet" which works similar to the m&r tri loc. The points where the screens touch the pallet stop blocks is opposite of a tri loc though and the entire thing is adjustable for different screen sizes. I wanted a system that was as close to what I was use to in the past with the tri loc so this is what we are using right now. Yes you have to introduce a pallet to the press(not for much longer though) but we have not touched a micro in 8 straight days now. There were times with our tri loc where it was super good and we werent touching micros for long periods of times but nothing that is like we are now. This system is so frickin fast that I would not think about doing anything else right now.....

Attached are a few pics showing the pallet, the stop blocks, etc.......

With the pin tab system it should be slightly faster but I'm not ready to change to that system yet as we are so dialed on the way we are using the special reg pallet that I don't want to go backwards for any period of time. The big key to why these roq presses work so good with the cts is the when you lock the pallet on the press it has zero movement/flex at all. I can then take the pallet off the press, put it back on and I'm 100% confident it's in the same spot before I took it off..... The system is absolutely awesome

All in all combining a good cts with the roq presses is the absolute best system for setup that I have touched. The guys that I have here that worked in my old shop along with the guys that have ran mhm their entire careers all tell me the same thing LOL

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 03:27:58 PM »
If you were to do it all over again, would you still go the green route, or blue?
Also, for someone deciding between the two, what would be your biggest deciding factors on what to choose?

I'm not here to take sales away from anyone..... When I ran my blue stuff it worked awesome, we had great results with it, and the service from m&r is unmatched. I will never take anything away from Rich or his guys as there's nothing bad I can say about them or any of their products. The cts from them that we use is still the heart of my shop and without that no matter what presses we are using I feel we would be fighting a battle with setups daily. But with that said  if I had to do it all over again yes I would 100% not change a thing. I am so impressed with the roq presses, and how we are setting them up that no doubt in my personal opinion for my shop it's a better for us using the green stuff. As for someone deciding between the two there's so many factors that come into play I would have to look at each situation and know the details but from my experience I am SOLD on the green machines. If I was starting another shop tomorrow with unlimited budgets I would be calling roq and ordering everything I could, just my opinion of course....All in all I could not be happier with the machines from roq.
Danny Gruninger

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »
s.roque also has a tri loc type platen that mounts on the arms.  I think there are 3 or more overall options for screen positioning.   Maybe Danny can fill us in when he finds time on which one he selected and why.

John, I could not agree more that in this day and age we should not be fiddling with micros.  I hate, just abhor it actually.   

And that's an interesting point of view on the MHMs.  I'm surprised to hear that your MHMs were not regging up when using CTS especially.  I understand the zeroing out issue but many MHM users have noted that the adjustments are so minor from screen to screen and job to job that zeroing is not an issue.  I personally like to zero a press after every job but I get that this won't happen in high production sometimes.  in any case, the s.roque would be no different than the MHM in this sense unless someone elected to use their 3 point/tri loc style setup.

Congrats on the successful expansion Danny, that's one hell of a jump in size!

I had the system thissssss close as some jobs were dead nutz after homing but as the day went on and you did minor adjustment here and there was one more step away from home. I like to reset the press as well but for a 16 color machine, thats a few mins per head, per day to set back to home.

After the LB ISS show i had some info from the CTS people to make it better but never had the chance to fix it as i left shortly thereafter.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 08:25:34 PM »
I like the versatility of the registration pallet. Is there a micro adjustment on the back clamp?
Dale Hoyal

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 09:06:03 PM »
I like the versatility of the registration pallet. Is there a micro adjustment on the back clamp?

No micros on the back screen holder. I'd be curious to know how many shops actually use the rear micro. We had them on our ch3 but never touched them ever lol

Danny Gruninger

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
had them on presses for the last 18 years, and I have never touched one.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »
There is no need for one, it is in the center and simply provides additional support if you will, for locking the screen in.

Is there a video out there of that?...seems like I remember one that maybe Alex did a while back.

Well Alan, while I am flattered you remembered my video(at least the one I made public ;) ) It was actually a video of the press hitting me on the ass. One of my oh so talented employees actually made a remix video of it along with some music..... Airways a good laugh!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »

No micros on the back screen holder. I'd be curious to know how many shops actually use the rear micro. We had them on our ch3 but never touched them ever lol

Our Sportsman EX has the back micros, but never use them either.
I have been "Just a Swingin" the arc for so long, it seems natural.

Trying to dial our Tri-Loc in and seems like 75% are on, but think the frames that are off may lie in
the exposure blanket draw down pushing/pulling ever so slightly on the spring plungers in different directions.
Even thinking on trying to keep tabs on where we put the rope in on which frame leg to see if the
air draw where the rope lets air inside frame pulls against plungers. Seems like it is the only thing left
as to where the frames can be off. Any thoughts?

Seeing some of the racing picts awhile back, Danny does have a head for exactness knowing those racing kind.
You are an inspiration to us all Mr. G.

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 12:24:38 PM »
If you were to do it all over again, would you still go the green route, or blue?
Also, for someone deciding between the two, what would be your biggest deciding factors on what to choose?

I'm not here to take sales away from anyone..... When I ran my blue stuff it worked awesome, we had great results with it, and the service from m&r is unmatched. I will never take anything away from Rich or his guys as there's nothing bad I can say about them or any of their products. The cts from them that we use is still the heart of my shop and without that no matter what presses we are using I feel we would be fighting a battle with setups daily. But with that said  if I had to do it all over again yes I would 100% not change a thing. I am so impressed with the roq presses, and how we are setting them up that no doubt in my personal opinion for my shop it's a better for us using the green stuff. As for someone deciding between the two there's so many factors that come into play I would have to look at each situation and know the details but from my experience I am SOLD on the green machines. If I was starting another shop tomorrow with unlimited budgets I would be calling roq and ordering everything I could, just my opinion of course....All in all I could not be happier with the machines from roq.

What if you did not have unlimited budget? What are the price comparisons between the two brands.
Most people I know, as I am sure you also have, a certain budget to follow! Is the value still there?
As you were/are a racer, a driver is happy with a certain name example (ford vs chevy vs yugo)
The driver changes gear!  Is it performance based, cost based, or struck a new deal based?
Or all of the above. This would also weigh the opinion.
Good Luck!
winston

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 02:15:46 PM »
struck a new deal based! ;)
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender