Author Topic: wrestling with a monster  (Read 3138 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: wrestling with a monster
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 09:21:45 AM »
I gave our Monster away, to Maxie when he came to visit earlier this year.  It wasn't bad, I had our dialed in, but the old school sefar coater gives me a superior stencil with less work so it's a no brainer.  The Monster was a lot like when I use the sharp edge, I can get wherever I need to go but it just takes me longer to get there since we like to be on the higher side of the recommended EOM/R range.  Due to the thinner layer of emulsion the Monster put down on each coat it had a few more imperfections in the final coating, but it was nothing that was a deal breaker.  I can get 5-8 screens before I need to refill the coater.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 12:01:03 PM »
I'm using it.    Thanks.
I like the fact that it holds a lot of emulsion.
Coated about 25 screens this morning.
I have been been getting bubbles in the emulsion while coating ( not from the bucket) and don't know why.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »
Hello Maxie.

Try slowing down your coating speed to get rid of the bubbles.  Too fast a coating speed whips air into the emulsion as it skips over the mesh knuckles and leaves a small bubble behind the knuckle that may eventually pin hole on press.  4-5 seconds from start of coat to finish.  An autocoater can take from 6-8 seconds to coat one pass. Too fast a coating speed will also create uneven EOM with the center of the screen often 15-20% thicker than the edges.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 05:18:19 PM »
I'm at about 8-10 seconds a side 1/1 on most mesh with it.  No bubbles, no pinholes.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 09:34:32 PM »
We prefer the Sericol scoop coater. Holds at least as much emulsion as the Monster Max and you don`t have to deal with these adjustable nonsense end caps.

Offline Hey Monkey

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 05:39:51 PM »
I've been having issues with my Monster Max coaters as well. Going to try and flush the ends and switch over to two-handed when my C-100 holders gets in this week hopefully. Not ready to give up as I get them coated but not as easy as my AWT coater.