Author Topic: Pouring Emulsion  (Read 1649 times)

Online Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Pouring Emulsion
« on: July 18, 2015, 10:27:03 AM »
I find pouring the emulsion from the bucket quite messy.     I have to wipe away a fair amount of emulsion off the lip of the bucket every time I pour.
I am trying to work out how to make it easier, maybe put the emulsion in a bucket with a plastic tap underneath.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:09:23 AM by Maxie »
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Pouring Emulsioon
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
I haven't seen one up close and personal, but it seems that Ulano has felt your(our) pain.

http://www.ulano.com/ProdFactSheet/Emulsion/EZ_Flo.pdf
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »
I just got a newly designed gallon of Ulano QTX emulsion. It now has a handle and a screw on dispensing lip. Have not opened it yet and do not have a camera handy for a picture.

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »
I just got a newly designed gallon of Ulano QTX emulsion. It now has a handle and a screw on dispensing lip. Have not opened it yet and do not have a camera handy for a picture.
Same exact thing here. Haven't used or opened it yet

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 12:49:16 PM »
push button dispensing or just pour it out ;)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 05:41:01 PM »
I pour out of a gallon bucket all the time. I just scrape up the little emultion on the lip with a goop scoop. Its never more than a teaspoon. Can you do a video of you pouring it.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »
I haven't seen one up close and personal, but it seems that Ulano has felt your(our) pain.

http://www.ulano.com/ProdFactSheet/Emulsion/EZ_Flo.pdf

Been using this for awhile now. Having a handle to hold while pouring is helpful. I always work with less then a full bucket which lessens the chance of over pouring.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
Re: Pouring Emulsion
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 08:05:21 PM »
I switched to 5's of ulano orange since they went to that pour style. It's much harder to get the last drops out. We typically go through 4 gallons a week and just wipe the edge with your finger. I keep a water bucket with a rag in the screen room for wiping coating edges on the auto coated and fingers.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Onewithpez

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 06:19:32 AM »
Moose, I have always wondered about using the laundry dispensers. I never knew if they were dark enough.
I am very low volume compared to most of you. I maybe go through 5 gal a year. Is that tyke of container dark enough for the emulation that long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online dsh

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 07:38:10 AM »
Acording to "Greaves on garments" at Mindseye, hosted by Mr. Kitson, wet emulsion is not affected by light.  It is only affected after drying.  And even then, I think you could spray the plastic container with some paint to make it more opaque.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 07:55:29 AM »
Acording to "Greaves on garments" at Mindseye, hosted by Mr. Kitson, wet emulsion is not affected by light.  It is only affected after drying.  And even then, I think you could spray the plastic container with some paint to make it more opaque.
This is true.
Also, I keep mine in the closed up cabinet where I keep dry coated screens.
No worries with non black containers.