Artist > ART Pricing

High Roller clients

<< < (2/4) > >>

bimmridder:
Art is built into our pricing also. We're a little different market than most though.

GraphicDisorder:
We rarely have a print job where we didn't charge $150+ for the artwork.  Many jobs are in the $300-600 range with any drawn cars. 

Sbrem:
We do a lot of contract work, $60.00 per hour. They can get it done on the cheap and send it to us, and it looks cheap, or they can pay and get better art. We have a full time artist, and her costs are figured into our pricing, as is our full time screen guy, plus we charge for art and screens... You can get it if you try, or at least have the right customers. A couple of weeks ago an old customer came in with 2 pen and ink originals so we could scan them. We are the one who will color them in, so we get our hourly rate for that, and this customer doesn't bat an eye. For what it's worth, my full time artist and I both have a lot of skills, and move pretty fast through jobs.

Steve

mimosatexas:
I charge $25 an hour for art with a $25 minimum.  The only people who don't pay something for art are people with high res one color stuff already ready to go.  The art charge also applies to sep time.  On average I would say people pay $50 for me to create simple one or two color spot designs (this is most school stuff) or $50 to sep their 3-5 color spot stuff.  On the more complex art that I create and sep, people usually are paying around $100 and rarely more, and I usually probably undecharge for those jobs, but also typically try to use them to learn from (either new techniques in PS/Illy or in the actual printing process) so I am ok with that.  I don't think I've ever charged anyone more than $150-$175, and those prices are pretty much for hand illustrated stuff that I am outsourcing at least a bit.

Honestly, most of my clients either provide art or are on a budget, so they are willing to pay for seps or for something simple, but rarely both.  I pretty much discount the complicated stuff not so much to win bids or whatever, but more to actually have those kinds of prints come through my shop.  If I didn't, I would rarely get to actually print the challenging fun stuff.

AntonySharples:

--- Quote from: mimosatexas on July 20, 2015, 05:16:46 PM ---I charge $25 an hour for art with a $25 minimum.  The only people who don't pay something for art are people with high res one color stuff already ready to go.  The art charge also applies to sep time.  On average I would say people pay $50 for me to create simple one or two color spot designs (this is most school stuff) or $50 to sep their 3-5 color spot stuff.  On the more complex art that I create and sep, people usually are paying around $100 and rarely more, and I usually probably undecharge for those jobs, but also typically try to use them to learn from (either new techniques in PS/Illy or in the actual printing process) so I am ok with that.  I don't think I've ever charged anyone more than $150-$175, and those prices are pretty much for hand illustrated stuff that I am outsourcing at least a bit.

Honestly, most of my clients either provide art or are on a budget, so they are willing to pay for seps or for something simple, but rarely both.  I pretty much discount the complicated stuff not so much to win bids or whatever, but more to actually have those kinds of prints come through my shop.  If I didn't, I would rarely get to actually print the challenging fun stuff.

--- End quote ---

That last part is why I don't.  My market will not pay for it, and I get so much work away from others because of my art.  I like the challenges.  Can't stand printing the same boring stuff all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version