Author Topic: Movin' on up - Transitioning to an Auto  (Read 3449 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Movin' on up - Transitioning to an Auto
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »
Well Sunday I went to North Hollywood California and am now a new owner of a 96 Javelin 6/8 with 2 flashes. It went fairly smooth with only a couple of hiccups. The machine runs great. The only issue I seen (heard) was when you turn on head 1 it leaks air for about 4 seconds and stops and runs like normal. It will probably take me about a month to get this back together and the compressor plumbed and electrical done.

The seller had rigid tubing for his airline, do I have to use that or can I use a standard air hose?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 06:00:20 PM »
Well Sunday I went to North Hollywood California and am now a new owner of a 96 Javelin 6/8 with 2 flashes. It went fairly smooth with only a couple of hiccups. The machine runs great. The only issue I seen (heard) was when you turn on head 1 it leaks air for about 4 seconds and stops and runs like normal. It will probably take me about a month to get this back together and the compressor plumbed and electrical done.

The seller had rigid tubing for his airline, do I have to use that or can I use a standard air hose?

You cannot use standard hose. You need to have the volume. Your best bet is 3/4 copper from the compressor and a 3/4 flexible hose to the press. Thats how I set ours up. On the Jav if you dont have enough air the machine will not work properly causing you nothing but headaches.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 01:40:54 AM »
Do you mean copper from the compressor to the chiller and the rubber from chiller to press? The press has a water trap and regulator on it already so do I need anything else?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 01:58:03 AM »
You should hardline as much as possible. 1 for safety and 2 for reliability.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin