Author Topic: Shop Management Software - Specific Format  (Read 5602 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Shop Management Software - Specific Format
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:59:01 PM »
I know this topic comes up often, and I have read all the threads in this subreddit without really finding what I am looking for, so I decided to start a thread.

I have started getting busy in the past month to the point of starting to make mistakes with scheduling and keeping organized in a general sense.  I have always basically had a running to do list that I based on emails/calls and my notes, then added things to my Calendar when necessary, and have organized clients mostly through Quickbooks Online and estimates generate there and referenced in gmail.  I am looking for a more all in one solution that is still relatively simple.

What I want (ideally):
-Web based (mobile support a plus)
-Silo structure that is organized like this:  client>project>tasks.  In other words, I want to create a client which supports profile fields like contact info, address, etc (very much like quickbooks), then be able to add individual projects below the client with customizable details (due date, quantity, attach art files, etc), then be able to generate tasks with some description or notes that I can tick off as they are completed.  The ability to add information like completion date, time spent completing, etc would be a plus.  The ability to create estimates and invoices also contained below this silo would be ideal.
-Auto generated calendar view, with items labeled in some way that clarifies client, project name, task.

What I don't really care about:
-taking payments in the software
-multiuser stuff, it's just me!
-fancy bells and whistles, I just want to organize clients>projects>tasks and see them on a calendar as well.

What I want is basically a calendar/task software, but organized like a customer management software rather than the traditional project management software.  Basically, I like quickbooks a lot when it comes to creating client profiles and estimates/invoices, but it fails miserably at being able to organize things on a project basis.  I can't even add a project title to an invoice, so I have to basically guess when referencing old invoices under clients who order often.  It also has no support for a calendar/tasks/etc.

Anyone using something affordable and simple that can handle most or all of this?  It seems like so many options try to be everything or are missing key parts of keeping everything organized in on place.  I want to minimize copy and paste time as much as possible.  A lot of the ones I have looked at also seem unable to organize by client then by project, instead just have projects at the top of the silo without being able to reference all the past jobs from a client, which just seems dumb.

Thanks!

Offline zanegun08

Re: Shop Management Software - Specific Format
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:02:37 PM »
You'd probably like https://www.printavo.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 04:11:39 PM »
I'm looking at it now.  It isn't clear to me from their site if it is organized how I would prefer with the client>project>tasks.

edit:  Actually I found a video that seems to show that ability.  I am liking it a lot more than when I originally took a look at it a year or two ago.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:19:31 PM by mimosatexas »

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:12:04 PM »
Hey, we are actually switching to Printavo right now. It is missing a few features that I'd like, but Bruce is saying he will work with me on improving the program. We really like the web-based part of it as our current program T-Works totally BOGS DOWN on the filemaker platform (and t-works just sucks anyways).

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 05:14:28 PM »
What features is it missing that you would like?  Just curious

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »
priceitsoftware.com  we have used it for 10 plus years…it is great

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:38 PM »
Priceit is nice and we have used it for years. Probably use 20% of what it can actually do, but there are a few things it would be nice to have on it, web based for sure. I looked at Printivo two years ago I believe, he was just starting. At that point it wouldn't generate quotes, so that killed it for us.

This topic has come up so often that if we all pooled our $$$ we could probably end up with a pretty high end piece of software. Zoocity had some great ideas for software also if memory serves correct. I know it would be a pain to organize everyone and what they want but it sure would be cool!

Shopworks is also real nice, but $$$. I saw a Shopworks knock off company at SGIA, Shopfix or something stupid, I picked up their info I'll get it tomorrow when I get in and post it.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 10:33:51 AM »
Alex for us we have it on our own server and I can quote from my ipad or any computer that we have it loaded on.

Sam

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 10:50:05 AM »
Been using price it. It's cool, was good to get going, but we are ready for something bigger and better. Looking into shopworks. There are too many limitations with Priceit, and when ever the girls need support it's usually a hassle. If you want a total business package that does everything from front of house, production, online approvals, serious data entry for each job and retrieval, it seems that Shopworks is the way to go. But, if you aren't looking to lay out a little chunk of change, you would want to try PriceIt. However, shopworks now offers some nice payment plans and since your payments never stop with Priceit, you may want to entertain shopworks and see what's best for you. One short 30 minute sit down at a trade show with the shopworks demo will blow your mind. Alex with Launch uses it and highly recommends it and he's big on promo product sales as well as his printing, so if you do a lot of that, that's something to consider. It's nice to handle ALL of your business in ONE application instead of bouncing around between a few programs. Alan told me they rock it out at SRI too and it's what keeps them sane. I think we are pulling the trigger on shopworks come the first of the year, just not sure if we want the cloud based version or all inhouse. Cool thing for us is their office is like 3 hours away in West Palm, so it will be easy to either go there, or for them to have a rep come to us to see what's best. We think we should have done it a couple years ago because now there is a lot larger data base to convert to a new system, but I think they have a way of doing that to make life easier. We are into PriceIt 4 maybe close to 5 years now and at the montly rate we could have bought Shopworks out right  :o. Just something to consider if you are in the business for the long haul.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 10:57:47 AM »
definitely can't afford shopworks.  Priceit doesn't look like what I want honestly.  It looks like it has a lot of the bells and whistles I don't really need without some of the simple calendar stuff I really want.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 11:06:33 AM »
Rarely mentioned: Impress

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 12:50:58 PM »
The Impress guys are local here, and I have talked to them, but their price is not much better than Shopworks and Shopworks looks waaaaay more robust.

The Shopworks knock off I was talking about is-
shopVox
try.shopvox.com/voxrox

I know nothing about it, but I do have their 2 sided flyer!  ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline BorisB

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 05:27:11 AM »

Rarely mentioned: Impress
when I analysed ERPs, Impress was my favorite. Liked it more than Shopworks/Onsite. When you grew with MS based computers you understand Impress logic immediately. Plus great shortcuts on right mouse click. Too bad we are in Europe.
we would need huge effort to be able to use it here.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 07:42:50 PM »
Printavo looks very interesting to me. We've been meaning to change our order slips for a while and this might do it without spending thousands on software.

There's a few issues with it I'll have to sort out but it's the best designed piece of software I've seen for the apparel/decoration industry.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 08:10:33 AM »
there are a few others that are online based:

shopvox
teechimp(they are re-doing the program to cloud based)