Author Topic: A thought about auto options  (Read 3547 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: A thought about auto options
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 04:45:01 PM »
Thought Winterland closed in the late 90's?

Anywho, here's a curveball.

After running a press for awhile, there's really only one option more I would want.

The ability to press a button on a head and have it switch from plastisol to waterbased and
back.

Drop the off contact on the screen  to zero, flood pressure down squeegee pressure up angle decreased
speed increased, and the obvious after print flood, but most presses already do that.

We're constantly switching between the two and they really are damn near preset per the ink, and about the
only thing we ever have to change. Occasionally we'll have to adjust for thicker or thinner plastisols but not really.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
Would it be a big deal to flood plastisol like WB?  Most new presses have the option of central off contact.  And some even have angle adjustments that don't effect the flood/squeegee pressure.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
I've kept our printheads in WB mode while printing plastisol and I can't see anything that would be a problem in keeping it that way long term.  I switch ours back when we go to plastisol but it's only because that's the default.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 05:12:36 PM »
No, typically there's no problem running plastisol with a preflood.
It's the other options that are obnoxious to constantly switch back and
forth between.

Central off contact yes, but sometimes you're running waterbased and plastisol,
so off contact per head can be very important.