Author Topic: Anatol Wing Tipped Flood Bars  (Read 11744 times)

Offline Northland

Re: Anatol Wing Tipped Flood Bars
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 06:31:45 AM »
whats up with all this hype over winged floodbars? they have been around forever. there are even the plastic clip thingys you can put on your standard floodbars..whats wrong with just pouring a half a gallon of ink in the screen and lettin her roll?
The Horizon Mini and the Titan use a 20" wide screen... so there's not a lot of extra width for ink.
If I'm printing 14" wide, there's only 1 1/2" between the f-bar and the frame... it can get messy.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 07:02:50 AM »
I'm just using them in my white screens. Two heads on each press almost ALWAYS have the white in them. It's worth not having to stop and scoop the white as often. Or worse, running out and not noticing. 
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 08:15:22 AM »
Dave,

so true...we just did a job for 2k shirts...not once did we have to stop and card the ink back in....thus saving us an estimated 15 min on the whole job...do that a few times a day and you are printing more jobs per day, week and year which adds more $$ to the bottom line and making us more profitable...

sam

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
Anyone try calling Action to ask them to put the 14" winged floodbar on their site for sale individually?  I bet they'd do it knowing there are quite a few Titans and mini horizons out there now.  If they wouldn't that would surprise me!  Either way, nice of Rich to make some for everyone, just seemed a bit out of the way if there's a company that already makes them?

Offline ccsign

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 09:14:20 AM »
Just ordered one to test. Thanks Rich.
Charlie
C&C Sign Shop

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 09:34:47 AM »
Anyone try calling Action to ask them to put the 14" winged floodbar on their site for sale individually?  I bet they'd do it knowing there are quite a few Titans and mini horizons out there now.  If they wouldn't that would surprise me!  Either way, nice of Rich to make some for everyone, just seemed a bit out of the way if there's a company that already makes them?

I did. Right after Action sold me a 16" and told me it was the correct one for my machine. My original post was to try to get the Anatol mini guys in on a group buy. Action will not do it unless it is an order of 12. They will also not stock them even if we do the initial order. So in other words, if we want them, it is 12 at a time. There also seemed to be a question of what size squeegee the mini guys were using. Some have 14" others have 15".

Rich (M&R) saw the post and stepped up to the plate to help the Anatol guys. He made a couple of versions to be tested and has now made them available to us as a regular stock item. I really hope that everyone orders a few to have made this worth Rich's time and efforts.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
Wow that's a mis-step by Action in my opinion.  With as many mini presses running 20" frames, you'd think they would notice that market?  Well at least Rich did!  Now the word has to spread...like maybe with an actual link!

https://store.mrprint.com/mr_pls/oos_items_pkg.item_details?p_item_no_c=WTFB10-14-ANA&p_search_mode_c=PRODUCTS&p_class_id_n=1228&p_page_id_i=2&p_page_size_i=10&p_sort_mode_c=ITEM%3ADESCRIPTION&p_page_view_c=LIST

Offline Action1

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »
Gentlemen - We have had a very small number of requests for this size of winged flood bar. We presently stock WFB's in 7 sizes. Our inventory reflects demand and there has not been enough for us to stock the 14". However - we appreciate your feedback sincerely and always pay close attention to these forums.  Therefor, we will stock a small handful and see if the demand develops.

On another note - there has been tremendous advancement in our product line this year and we hope everyone will take a look at our Newest Products page at their next opportunity.

We offer standard & specialty pallets, squeegees, and flood bars for use on your quick release or slide style machinery. Your trust and support in our company for the last 20+ years has enabled us to continue our focus on the products that we're best at - & we thank you all.

www.actionengineering.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
Gentlemen - We have had a very small number of requests for this size of winged flood bar. We presently stock WFB's in 7 sizes. Our inventory reflects demand and there has not been enough for us to stock the 14". However - we appreciate your feedback sincerely and always pay close attention to these forums.  Therefor, we will stock a small handful and see if the demand develops.

On another note - there has been tremendous advancement in our product line this year and we hope everyone will take a look at our Newest Products page at their next opportunity.

We offer standard & specialty pallets, squeegees, and flood bars for use on your quick release or slide style machinery. Your trust and support in our company for the last 20+ years has enabled us to continue our focus on the products that we're best at - & we thank you all.

www.actionengineering.com
Good to see you take this up Eric! You are a legitimate competitor and that is good for the industry unlike some . Now they can choose from either company and keep us honest!
Rich Hoffman

Offline Action1

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
Thank you for your recognition Rich. I still wish we could be your supplier for pallets.  :)

Re: Integrity -  "a mis-step by Action"  - Possibly true. We have made many mis-steps but make many more right steps. For all of the products that we presently feature on our website - there are twice as many or more that were developed and never went anywhere.

The most memorable mis-step was last years Warrior Xtreme Pallet System- a wrap around, side shifting- pivoting, flip pallet system that can move a shirt in register from one machine to another. This was a very expensive lesson. Thousands of focus hours and $$$'s - and sold very few. I thought it was great idea. My fathers words were never so true - " Just because you can make it - doesn't mean you should"

Since then - we have made a better effort to listen to what our customers want instead of assuming what they want. So gentlemen - we're all ears and will do our best to listen to your requests.

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »
We've worked with Eric a bunch of times at Action and they have always been awesome! One of our favorite manufacturers. Always taken good care of us.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 12:14:40 AM »
Thank you for your recognition Rich. I still wish we could be your supplier for pallets.  :)

Re: Integrity -  "a mis-step by Action"  - Possibly true. We have made many mis-steps but make many more right steps. For all of the products that we presently feature on our website - there are twice as many or more that were developed and never went anywhere.

The most memorable mis-step was last years Warrior Xtreme Pallet System- a wrap around, side shifting- pivoting, flip pallet system that can move a shirt in register from one machine to another. This was a very expensive lesson. Thousands of focus hours and $$$'s - and sold very few. I thought it was great idea. My fathers words were never so true - " Just because you can make it - doesn't mean you should"

Since then - we have made a better effort to listen to what our customers want instead of assuming what they want. So gentlemen - we're all ears and will do our best to listen to your requests.

No worries!  I do think it's a good idea to put a few out there at per piece price for the mini owners.  Anatol has been pushing those little presses really hard over the past year so I'm sure there is a market out there, but they will never be a 12 piece market because, well, they're minis!

I just received my two 16" winged floodbars today that I ordered from Action and they ROCK!  Along with both sets of my pallets, couldn't be happier with Action's products and quality.

Offline Horizongfx

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »
Tried ordering 14" winged flood-bars from action on 2 different times each time I was told i had to order 12, the even took my order once at a trade show, called me back a week later and told me the sales guy made a mistake, that I had to order a minimum of 12, just ordered 2 from M&R and will more than likely order a few more as Finances allow. BTW I run an Anatol Horizon.
The Man Behind the Mask

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2011, 07:37:28 AM »
I ordered one a while back. Love the thing.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:14 AM »

Lenny's words ring true. Many of the innovations that have come and gone did not hold up due to their ROI. Inline flocking and foiling comes to mind. Its so dreadfully slow and apparently most people didn't account for the $ yield vs labor$ not to mention return on the equipment and cost of raw materials. Retail and end users are only going to pay so much for all that innovation. Having said that innovation and yes, mis-steps lead to greater things in the long run.