Author Topic: Print order on this logo?  (Read 5526 times)

Offline broadway

• !!!
Re: Print order on this logo?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 06:52:11 AM »
Print looks good. When i print above the pocket arera i will raise the area with a mose pad, pallet rubber...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 09:30:58 AM »
that is a really good print on those.  that looks great.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 09:40:17 AM »
Actually, that shirt looks to be a great substrate to screen print on.  Looks to be a very tight weave, no fibers to matte down, just an all around good surface aside from the pocket to deal with.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 10:47:39 AM »
Very nice clean print job, nothing wrong with that.... 2Thumbs up

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Wildcard

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »
Thanks for the positive comments. The customer was happy so I'm happy. One day I'll be posting images of amazing art but for now the regular trade jobs are getting me by...

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Offline Iamavol

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »
What is a smoothing screen?

Offline Croft

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 01:37:57 PM »
@Danny - Not sure I can see how the grey + white as a wet on wet print would work out, seems like a recipe for a mess? Maybe I'm confused.

@ScreenedGear - The grey box is definitely a part of the logo. Whole logo to be printed onto orange fabric (but not the same orange as the logo, so it needs its own ink). What I'm getting from your post is: grey box>flash>white (with choke under orange)>flash>orange. As you say I'm trying to avoid unnecessary screens or flashes for the small order quantity.

I'm with Danny , do this lots dark color first , white base spot then colours on top

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 11:35:12 PM »
My Shop, my parameters....

1) 180 mesh - Grey

2) 150s mesh - White Base - .5 Choke for orange overlap

-Flash-

Smoothing Screen - this helps soooooooo much

3) 180 mesh - Orange.  I use Rutlands mixing system so I would create an opaque white base plate version.

-Flash-

4) 180 Mesh - White Highlite

We will ALWAYS do a white highlite screen.

1) It smooths out the edges of the other colors that wick out/get fuzzy.  With smaller text you run the risk of it becoming illegible without it.

2) Makes for a thinner better feeling print.

When printing the grey and white base wet on wet you need to make sure you are not laying down a TON of ink.  Just enough to allow the ink to get into the shirt when stepped on by the white base.  We also choke the white base to assist with the grey ink spreading a touch. 

With our printing the hand would be very soft and still very bright.

Other shops would prefer to print their white base through a higher mesh count, which is perfectly fine within their shops parameters.

My 2 cents.

sounds like we would print exactly the same  ;D

Make that 3 of us.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin