Author Topic: Ryonet FX LED Exposure Unit  (Read 27265 times)

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Ryonet FX LED Exposure Unit
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 10:43:12 AM »
I know I should shut up here, but I'm going to toss my 2 cent in, I agree with Alan the starlight I tested in my shop blew me away, and if we had heavy production going on everyday I would have ordered one that day.  With all that said, you guys are doing what you normally do bashing!!!! before you even had a change to work with this unit Ryonet is promoting, this is the reason I'm pulling back from the forum some, take a read of the post so far and tell me what you've read.  I apologize if I've hurt anyone's feelings, but dang can't we ever have a complete post without tossing M&R in the mix when talking about another companies equipment, I did look at the vid and the unit looks very interesting maybe a few things for glam that has nothing to do with exposure, I'll wait until someone puts it in there shop for real production and that will tell the tail.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:39 AM »
First off, I own a Starlight and love it.  I think companies are jumping on LED units and trying to make theirs stand out in one way or another.  I think Ryonet just wanted something different.  The bulb, based on the video, looks like a cluster.  I think affordability makes up people's minds more often than not.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »
Ill keep my Starlight, seems like it was a good choice at the time and remains one.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 11:02:19 AM »
I'm all for anything that helps the noobs make better screens... anything to stop the, why does my 4 fl bulb unit not burn a good screen in 1 minute questions would be a good thing.

(Oops, sorry wrong forum, we really don't have a lot of that here)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »
I personally like the idea of a light by itself, like the Saati, to replace the old Violux 5000S we use (metal halide). We have a great old wall unit that works great, so we really would only need a light. As for the Ryonet, in the video it looks like an array, not a single LED. The Saati looks like it's 3 LED's. While not a true point source, it's in the neighborhood; it would be nice to see a stand alone light that could replace the old units on a stand. Of course, the reviews help, but final testing is what it's all about. I don't how to talk about a single piece of equipment without some sort of comparison to another, as that helps purchase decisions...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 12:03:23 PM »
I know I should shut up here, but I'm going to toss my 2 cent in, I agree with Alan the starlight I tested in my shop blew me away, and if we had heavy production going on everyday I would have ordered one that day.  With all that said, you guys are doing what you normally do bashing!!!! before you even had a change to work with this unit Ryonet is promoting, this is the reason I'm pulling back from the forum some, take a read of the post so far and tell me what you've read.  I apologize if I've hurt anyone's feelings, but dang can't we ever have a complete post without tossing M&R in the mix when talking about another companies equipment, I did look at the vid and the unit looks very interesting maybe a few things for glam that has nothing to do with exposure, I'll wait until someone puts it in there shop for real production and that will tell the tail.

I am afraid its business as usual!
It comes down to your one word Darryl.
Respect! Or lack There of.
winston

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 12:08:57 PM »

I don't see a major bash-fest here. What I see mostly is input from a very different forum crowd than Ryonet generally markets to (though in all fairness, they didn't start this thread).
Unlike TSF, our crowd is generally more experienced, and criticism tends to be from  a fairly discriminating direction. They don't believe everything they hear, or take all claims at face value.
Don't lump this in with how Anatol has been treated. Though they are apparently working hard to shake a less-than-stellar reputation, they earned that rep fair and square, and some folks are a mite wary and/or dubious.

Don't pull back from here too much buddy, I'll miss your often creative punctuation. LOL!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:21:46 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »

I don't see a major bash-fest here. What I see mostly is input from a very different forum crowd than Ryonet generally markets to (though in all fairness, they didn't start this thread).
Unlike TSF, our crowd is generally more experienced, and criticism tends to be from  a fairly discriminatory direction. They don't believe everything they hear, or take all claims at face value.
Don't lump this in with how Anatol has been treated. Though they are apparently working hard to shake a less-than-stellar reputation, they earned that rep fair and square, and some folks are a mite wary and/or dubious.

Don't pull back from here too much buddy, I'll miss your often creative punctuation. LOL!  ;)

LOL Frog I ain't going to far I'd put you out of punctuation correction work, yeah I know this crowd has a few vet's here and some of us think we are vets(me).  Yeah winston is correct Rich & company have gain respect and you'll never here me put them down, but I still like to hear about other equipment companies product at least 5 post before they get compared to Smurf Crew LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »

Darryl, My position is the same as yours on the matter.
Frog, Regardless of who, Ryonet markets to, it is their choice to continue or expand those markets.In all honesty, very few of my customers read this, or any other board, for that fact.they are most of the times, just to busy to spend time on forums.They would average 500-1000 screens per day.IMHO if you want this board to grow, many competing companies should be encouraged, to participate / advertise.It is good for This board, It is good for the Industry.Darryl, I always enjoy your post/insight. You have my respect!winston

(EDIT) note.  I came in to edit the QUOTES to break them up so you could see who's quoting who. It was a little jumbled.

Dan

Unlike TSF, our crowd is generally more experienced, and criticism tends to be from  a fairly discriminatory direction. They don't believe everything they hear, or take all claims at face value.

LOL Frog I ain't going to far I'd put you out of punctuation correction work, yeah I know this crowd has a few vet's here and some of us think we are vets(me).  Yeah winston is correct Rich & company have gain respect and you'll never here me put them down, but I still like to hear about other equipment companies product at least 5 post before they get compared to Smurf Crew LOL
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:07:50 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 01:17:27 PM »

Darryl, My position is the same as yours on the matter.
Frog, Regardless of who, Ryonet markets to, it is their choice to continue or expand those markets.
In all honesty, very few of my customers read this, or any other board, for that fact.
they are most of the times, just to busy to spend time on forums.
They would average 500-1000 screens per day.
IMHO if you want this board to grow, many competing companies should be encouraged, to participate / advertise.
It is good for This board, It is good for the Industry.
Darryl, I always enjoy your post/insight. You have my respect!
winston

Well, as I said, I don't see the big bash here.
I saw discussion with legitimate points brought up. As I said, here at TSB, inquiring minds seem to want to know.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 01:17:59 PM »
Wow, I don't even know what to say, I don't want to BASH anyone so I guess we better just keep our fingers off the keyboard.  Out of all the threads that have bashing going on to have this one be put into that category is beyond me.  I'm going to just keep it at that and excuse myself.   
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »
Wow, I don't even know what to say, I don't want to BASH anyone so I guess we better just keep our fingers off the keyboard.  Out of all the threads that have bashing going on to have this one be put into that category is beyond me.  I'm going to just keep it at that and excuse myself.   

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »
Hey Daryl, I hope my joking around didn't come off as negative or bashing.   You're correct- don't knock it 'til you've tried it!  I just can't help poking fun at goofy things like a bluetooth enabled exposure unit. 

Alan's comments aren't bashing, they're honest viewpoints and we should be thankful for them.  They could keep another shop from dealing with his issues. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
it seems goofy, but it would be a great way to stay on top of production numbers rolling off the unit.  I am sure has other purposes, but they should certainly explain what they are

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 01:59:21 PM »
I figured that "Bluetooth" is the new "Turbo", but of course, I'm far behind the personal tech device curve.  ;D