Author Topic: Anyone using CCI UHV-Red?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Anyone using CCI UHV-Red?
« on: August 25, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »
Has anyone tried CCI UHV-Red?  More so, anyone with a Starlight using it?  What exposure times are you getting?  Overall thoughts?
We are testing a gallon now.  We love the resolution but are shooting 25-30 seconds; which on the Starlight feels like forever.  :D
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Anyone using CCI UHV-Red?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »
Has anyone tried CCI UHV-Red?  More so, anyone with a Starlight using it?  What exposure times are you getting?  Overall thoughts?
We are testing a gallon now.  We love the resolution but are shooting 25-30 seconds; which on the Starlight feels like forever.  :D

I just got my gallon, and, as listed in the Tech Sheet, expect it to take about 30% longer than my present every day CCI PFX. I don't know what your regular Photopolymer emulsion is, but are your times in line with that increase?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »

Unrelated, but forgot you have a starlight in Roanoke! I may have to shoot some screens for fun some day. I just switched to Saati textil PHU red and it's FAST on my 5k olec (around 12-20 seconds). I imagine it would be extremely fast on the starlight.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 02:45:04 PM »
Using CCI DC Plus here and its at 55 seconds on the starlight!  100 secs for discharge.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 03:08:57 PM »
Using CCI DC Plus here and its at 55 seconds on the starlight!  100 secs for discharge.

yeah, but that's a dual cure which always are slower than straight Photopolymers.
Btw, interestingly, on the DC Plus tech sheet, they dne't even list suggested exposure times like the other two emulsions, but rather light units.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 03:35:51 PM »
Unrelated, but forgot you have a starlight in Roanoke! I may have to shoot some screens for fun some day. I just switched to Saati textil PHU red and it's FAST on my 5k olec (around 12-20 seconds). I imagine it would be extremely fast on the starlight.

PHU on the starlight is TOO fast... we had to go with PHU-2 to slow it down to reasonable levels.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 03:51:05 PM »

yeah, but that's a dual cure which always are slower than straight Photopolymers.
Btw, interestingly, on the DC Plus tech sheet, they dne't even list suggested exposure times like the other two emulsions, but rather light units.

whoa, didn't realize that new one was a photopolymer, if you have a starlight, why are you still using photo emulsion?  Dual cures have better resolution and with the starlight, they are now fast exposures aswell.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »

whoa, didn't realize that new one was a photopolymer, if you have a starlight, why are you still using photo emulsion?  Dual cures have better resolution and with the starlight, they are now fast exposures aswell.

maybe taking advantage of a great deal. This was (is) a great special this month from Nazdar and CCI. Buy a gallon of the new emulsion, and get four quarts of haze remover.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 04:48:14 PM »

I am trying out a lot of options.  I need something universal as we do a lot of DC as well as plastisol.  And DC underbasing with plastisol on top. 
I am open to recommendations to try.  I have used ImageMate DZ 343 in the past but it didn't hold up on longer DC runs.  I have been using CCI VPR for a minute, but it exposes too fast to get finer halftones I need.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 08:11:32 PM »
try DC Plus, that's the reason we started using it aswell.