screen printing > Show Your Stuff

Latest Rejects

(1/13) > >>

alan802:
These 2 shirts were rejected due to the image distortion from pulling the shirts off the pallets.  It wasn't fresh tack either, we used fresh tack for the front print then turned it around and did the back on the same tack without refreshing.  I've been told I need to fix the problem :)  It's gonna be a great week.

Sbrem:
had a similar thing happen with some sweatshirts last year. Of course, they didn't really notice until they realized their phone number was wrong (they had approved the proof) then they picked them apart. We fixed it, and told them we weren't interested in any more of their work...

Steve

Frog:
Well, if you weren't known for your one-hit whites, I would mention that with the registration accuracy needed to hit whites twice, it is especially important to have good stick, and this comes with the territory.

Do you think you can fix this? If not, do you think that the next printer can? I know that some shirts are more proine to this stretch distortion thanm others.
Yesterday, I had to run a few hoodies with a perfect circle design that was far less perfect than the T's

Sbrem:
We always bring this up with circles and squares (and rectangles). There is only so much one can do. With fresh tack, I like to pull the shirt up from the bottom instead of the shoulders until the tack loses some...

Steve

alan802:
I tried to explain the situation to everyone involved but I might as well have been teaching the chinese alphabet to them.  There were shirts within the run that we slightly out of reg due to the tack yet it was decided that we had used too much tack...go figure.  I tried to explain that it wasn't possible for me to have shirts out of registration due to low tack and distortion due to too much tack on the same shirt, which those two shirts were examples of both distortion (although well within industry standard) and double imaged towards the top and bottom.  It got heated between everyone and I offered to let them come over and join in on the fun in the heat so they could better understand what it was I was trying to tell them, got no takers.  So I told them I would fix the problem, but there isn't a problem so we'll continue to print thousands of shirts per week the exact same way those shirts were printed and probably go years without anyone else complaining about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version