Author Topic: Let's talk Thread  (Read 4102 times)

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
Re: Let's talk Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »
As was stated by bimmridder, RA is licensed by MLB, so they are going to have the right colors for sports teams.  We spoke with Madeira a couple years back at an ISS show and their top seller is still rayon (which has its "issues").  We use Madeira Polyneon in 40/60 exclusively.  We've not had cause to try the 75# yet.  Next day ship from Madeira to us.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline Audifox

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »
Here it is about a 50/50 split between Madeira Polyneon and the Coats Sylko poly. Both are 1 day shipping.
I do still use some Madeira rayon, but not as much as I used to.(greater weird color selection  :o we all have those clients that have weird colors for their logo) It used to be exclusively rayon, but poly threads have made great improvements from what they used to be.(15-20 yrs. ago)
 Poly has a memory and it always wants to return to the original position after being stretched.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »
I've learn more about thread in this thread ;) than I have since we've in embroidery...good stuff 8)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Grand

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »
We use RA rayon here! No issues 20 years plus

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »
We are new to embroidery biz and received  17 colors (4 each) of Royal poly as part of the package when purchasing our 4 head machine. I have no experience with anything but Royal.

Does any have any experience with Royal thread?