Author Topic: Anyone use ICC 1199 Stretch Additive AND their 3804 Low Temp Additive--TOGETHER?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I didn't end up having to use BOTH at the same time for streeeeeetchy(!) batch of bleeders, but I thought I was going to have to.

I had called ICC's Tech department and they said the 2 chems would play nice with each other, but I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anybody does this all the time with good results.

One of the things I hate even worse that printing this stretchy stuff (with texturing no less!....) is having to do it TWICE.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
So, which one did you forgo? That low temp additive is uber thick, eh? And the stretch always worries me about less bleed resistance and opacity.
Sheesh, it's a freakin' tightrope we walk sometimes.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Thightrope is a good a description as I could come up with.

I passed on the low temp additive. The hereby strategically unnamed mfgr (Huck! PHOOEY!) who drop shipped them to us assured us all we needed was stretchy ink. And frankly, after that, I didn't have the juice to fight them any more. The shipment was sooooo late, and the team whose jerseys are in question just picked them up about 10 minutes ago and headed for the bus.

I'm out.

But for next time, I want to be locked and loaded beforehand.

Are the major sportswear g arment suppliers PURPOSEFULLY buliding CR*P that we can barely decorate?  Deep thoughts....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus

Are the major sportswear g arment suppliers PURPOSEFULLY buliding CR*P that we can barely decorate?  Deep thoughts....

Well, between Image Star's silicone inks and San Mar's SportTek posicharge dyed poly, some are giving us a fighting chance.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
The low temp add. we have is super thin, like curable reducer.

Posicharge = still use poly inks, but much less chance of bleeding. Not an end all be all by any stretch,
but any help a mfgr gives us in that department is greatly appreciated.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
The low temp add. we have is super thin, like curable reducer.

Wow, the bit I got from you is thick and heavy enough to have my small mixing knife stand. Look ma, no hands!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Okay I just checked it and you're right, but once you mix it it really thins out, almost to the point of making some colors
too thin, kind of like nylobond.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
we got tired of chiseling our poly ink out of the bucket and have started using onestroke for our poly whites, 357 is a really good ink.  We just got a batch of ELT in and I want to play around with that soon.

Their inks make poly printing a breeze.