Author Topic: UPS !!!!!!  (Read 2961 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: UPS !!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 09:04:30 AM »
For us there is a different Next Day Air Early AM truck. Aside from that, they don't leave the hub that early. They already get a bunch of overtime, our guy doesn't get back to the hub till 6 or later as it is at the end of the day. If he was out making 7:30am deliveries he would be putting in like a 12hr. day.

I suppose things are a bit different if you are maybe in a smaller area then we are(1hub 20min south of us and another 20min west of us) with less trucks, but I still can't imagine UPS scheduling their drivers for a standard 12hr. day.

You should ask your driver what time he usually leaves the hub. I wouldn't bring up your current issue, make it more of a shooting the breeze conversation... It's too bad because the likelihood of actually getting a straight honest answer from UPS(not the actual driver, I consider them entity) about the early am delivery is pretty much 0%. Word to the wise- a nice $20 or a crisp $50, even the offer of spot inside in some AC where he is always welcome to eat his lunch, to the driver in your busy season while it is HOT out goes a LONG way! We have also found a popsicle or treat from Dairy Queen also works well;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 10:27:17 AM »
Word to the wise- a nice $20 or a crisp $50, even the offer of spot inside in some AC where he is always welcome to eat his lunch, to the driver in your busy season while it is HOT out goes a LONG way! We have also found a popsicle or treat from Dairy Queen also works well;D

At my old shop, after I left, almost the exact opposite happened as one of the pressmen was fooling around with the driver's wife! I wonder if service went down! (and no jokes with that phrase, it's too damn easy!  :o)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 10:40:15 AM »
I wish we got ours before 8am, ours comes at about 10:30 most days unless its a next day air situation or 40+ boxes.  We do give him a couple hundred bucks a year for Christmas because we have his cell and he will come after our last pick up at times and grab boxes we finished late. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
Oh we are very cool with our driver we have him on speed dial, so if we need to get something very early we can go meet him, we're only a couple miles from the hub, but this lying about coming by at 7 something is crazy even our driver said they wouldn't drop by without leaving a sticker on the door.  Yeah we called them yesterday and they said yeah your stuff is sitting here at least one guy did, then the hub manager got on the phone and said he would look into this and call us right back, that was yesterday :o
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »
If you are having problems with UPS or Fedex, call your vendor.....They usually have a much bigger "stick" than you and can resolves issues very quick...

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
We have learned to make the UPS man our friend.  We give him cold water and Gatorade on hot days.  Sometime we give him a free shirt.  Being here for delivery is never a problem since we start at 7 am.  I wish we had our delivery at that time.  If it was 5 am that would be fine to.  On the days when I am waiting on shirts for production I ask the previous day if we can get our shipment early and most of the time he makes it happen.  We always hate it when he goes on vacation but try to be friend the replacement just as quick. Typically we get shipments around 2pm.  We also have each others cells so we can communicate.