Author Topic: Selecting our first auto!!  (Read 1611 times)

Offline XG Print

Selecting our first auto!!
« on: September 29, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
We are nearing the time where we can get our first auto...Thank goodness because we are getting to where we can't keep up manually.  I live in the Atlanta, GA area and I know that your press is only as good as your service techs around.  I am looking hard at Workhorse's Javelin Pro and am interested in the M&R Sportsman as well as the SROQ.  My question is does anyone have first hand knowledge of service techs for M&R or the SROQ in the Atlanta area.  I don't want to get into a situation where I have to fly in a tech if needed.  I know the Javelin has a good local tech here so that is a plus.  Also if anyone has any thoughts on these machines that would be great....We do not get into the high end stuff often at all...95% of what we do are 1-3 color spot jobs for schools or athletic leagues.  Thanks in advance guys..

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Selecting our first auto!!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 04:13:53 PM »
I am north of ATL, and have M&R and have never had an issue when I need a tech.  You are welcome to come here if you want to see a full house of M&R stuff.  What is the name of your shop? 
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 04:26:24 PM »
You will never have a issue getting a M&R Tech.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:29:21 PM »
M&R here, in northwest Georgia (never had a problem with my press), but any time I had any kind of questions I never had a problem getting ahold of a tech or sales person.
AFAIK there are no Roq techs in Georgia, and maybe only 2-3 of those presses in the whole state.

The Javelin Pro is nowhere close to the same caliber of press as the Sportsman/Roq just fyi (unless you meant the Sabre instead of Javelin).

Offline XG Print

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »
I am north of ATL, and have M&R and have never had an issue when I need a tech.  You are welcome to come here if you want to see a full house of M&R stuff.  What is the name of your shop?

Xcellent Graphics and Screen Printing...We are in McDonough, GA...Which M&R press do you have?

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 04:43:15 PM »
Rome, GA Diamondback XL, S and CH3D
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline aauusa

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »
well we have a freedom press from workhorse and never had a need for an outside tech.  Workhorse has a very great customer service dept and are easy to work with. 

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 05:03:26 PM »
Just had our second auto installed last week, and follow up training this week with M&R. We as many have browsed around, but I sit here typing this to you to tell you, if you want support beyond support, you should really look into M&R. I know of toooooooo many people, who may not post on a public forum, but have too many disappointments, not only in gear they have bought from other companies, but serious lack of support. For instance, last week, installer is here, "we" the customer undersized our gas line for our new dryer, "you should just follow the manufacture specs", but instead of saying to us, start all over, M&R sent another tech to work with the first guy to remedy the issues we cause and within hours made sure we would be solid. I'm not saying that another company wouldn't' do that, but I'm saying M&R  has the man power to every local area to do that and not charge you more on your install to get it done. I can't speak highly enough of the entire team from service, to sales guys, support in the field, techs, and Rich Hoffman himself for making sure our little company stayed moving through the install of our new gear while the current system is running. I know of guys personally that have some really cool stuff from other manufactures that have to wait days for return calls or emails, and weeks if not months for someone to actually show up, and maaaaaybe fix the problem, if not fix it at all. It's your choice, but like my wife and I recently closed our deal that we worked on for 2 years, investing in a company with a long standing reputation with it's customers for support is serious on the stress level meter. I'd have been really pissed to spend some serious loot on some fancy looking stuff that falls apart, or can't get anyone out to work on if there is a problem. Just my 2 cent's, but they have been by us for 10  years, we started with a 6/6 sidewinder and an economax, to adding a 9/10 Diamond Back and Heatwave, then going into I-Image and I--Image ST CTS, now adding a 14/16 Gauntlet 3 and a gigantic Sprint 60"x 12' of heat dryer and all the flashes and what not that you would do with your press. It keeps running and has the support you need to help you sleep at night for sure!

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 05:27:35 PM »
Screenprintguy hit it on the nail.  I have a sportsman and some other M&R gear and without going into specifics, I can tell you that M&R goes above and beyond to help you.  I'm a life long customer of theirs or atleast as long as I can keep printing.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »
All companies that you have mentioned I feel build great machines and offer many pros. I personally have had nothing but great experiences with both m&r and sroque as I'm currently running 4 roq machines in my shop. I've put over 400k impressions on our roq machines so far with only one small issue(prox sensor went out) and they had a tech at my shop the next day repairing it. It's fair to assume that m&r service is almost impossible to beat with the network of techs on staff they have but from my personal experience I have had nothing but good from roq. You will hear stories of all the companies having both happy and upset clients but I can only speak for myself when I say I could not be more happy with my roq machines. Lots of good options out there but from someone who came from the other side of things I can say we are very happy with our sroques.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse