Author Topic: Pantone mix color?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Pantone mix color?
« on: October 07, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »
Hey can anyone give me a good mix to make a cream color (Union Inks) I only need a cup full just to print a sample shirt. I need a mix close to Union Ink Cream, my Rutland pantone book don't have it close...thank in advance.

D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Pantone mix color?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 04:41:41 PM »
i would think white with a small touch of yellow and or brown, maybe even some oranges.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:19:24 PM »
A scoop of White, a thumbnail of golden yellow, and a tear drop of Black.  ;)
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 07:07:21 PM »
Black is key to cream colors and very very easy to over do.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:36:46 PM »
Instead of black I use violet. But you would pretty much get the same outcome.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »
Darryl, when are you going to fork over a couple of bills and get their Mixopake system?
Otherwise, in a pinch, there are even folks who'll mix Pantone quarts. I've been getting Union inks from Beckmar lately because they always have what I need, and fill their own quarts of stock colors and mixing colors when they don't have them on the shelf.
My local supplier Midwest became undependable.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 12:23:08 AM »
Andy, I got so many qt's of color's now and I just need a little to sample a couple of shirts for a custy, but I thought about getting a mixing system, but then it would be a waste, heck I don't even want people to know we could mix custom colors for them :-X

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 08:10:47 AM »
Andy, I got so many qt's of color's now and I just need a little to sample a couple of shirts for a custy, but I thought about getting a mixing system, but then it would be a waste, heck I don't even want people to know we could mix custom colors for them :-X

darryl

LOL, I feel the same way but the longer I go I'm getting more request to match a certain color so I think I may jump into a mixing system next year as much as I hate to.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 09:35:31 AM »
get a unimatch sample kit from Union. You get all 14 colors in quarts and it's pretty cheap. For few hundred bucks (it was $275 when I ordered) you'll be able to match anything you want.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:31 AM »
Darryl, when are you going to fork over a couple of bills and get their Mixopake system?
Otherwise, in a pinch, there are even folks who'll mix Pantone quarts. I've been getting Union inks from Beckmar lately because they always have what I need, and fill their own quarts of stock colors and mixing colors when they don't have them on the shelf.
My local supplier Midwest became undependable.
That's strange? I've never had a problem getting Union inks from our local MidWest ( Denver ). If they don't have it locally its a two day ship from another location.

A little bit of purple, a little bit of yellow, in some white and you should have a good cream. 

Murphy37

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 09:59:16 AM »
We've relied on Maxopake for years, it just works (mostly, nothing's perfect). So much easier than eyeballing it, and I was a pretty good color guy. It's just so much faster... (or anybody's system, as long as you use one)

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't