Author Topic: Extensions for Kruzer Side Clamps?  (Read 1357 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Extensions for Kruzer Side Clamps?
« on: October 21, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »
I swear I saw a post where someone had either purchased or had something like these made, but can't find it.  Basically, I can JUST BARELY extend the kruzer side clamps wide enough to fit 3 25x36 frames onto the press (one every other head) which comes in handy from time to time.  Looking at the angles of everything, it looks like there would be plenty of room to add extensions to allow even wide frames as well.  Basically I would like to be able to print 20" wide with multiple colors in tight registration on the press.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

two second diagram for clarification below

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: Extensions for Kruzer Side Clamps?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 07:42:10 PM »
I swear I saw a post where someone had either purchased or had something like these made, but can't find it.  Basically, I can JUST BARELY extend the kruzer side clamps wide enough to fit 3 25x36 frames onto the press (one every other head) which comes in handy from time to time.  Looking at the angles of everything, it looks like there would be plenty of room to add extensions to allow even wide frames as well.  Basically I would like to be able to print 20" wide with multiple colors in tight registration on the press.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

two second diagram for clarification below
Yes you are talking about ruining a perfectly good press. Its made and sold for up to 23x33 screens. Going larger will eventually cause damage. Just a FYI
Rich Hoffman

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:47:55 PM »
If there is a rear clamping option on the press you could just buy a few of the rear clamp assys and swap over as needed.  Kind of a pain but it's what we do on our manual when we need to run a big static.   

Back when we had an 8 color manual we actually left one head with a rear clamp since few jobs were over 7 colors at the time.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 06:35:22 AM »
Why not just get some square tubing the same size as what holds the clamps now and replace the existing with longer ones.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 10:05:13 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Rich, I appreciate the concern, but I can't see how it would ruin the press.  The statics I will be using weigh less than a standard 23x31 m3 and I will probably only be doing 100 or so prints a month like this.  I understand what the press was design for, but I just can't see how this would damage the press in any way.  I was able to use 3 screens this size without issue on my ryonet silver press and the build quality of that press was miles below the Kruzer.

I'm not sure if there is a rear clamp option, but honestly I am looking for something that would be quick and easy to put on the ends of the back bar and taken off again.  Replacing the whole back bar isn't an option, both due to the design of the press and the fact that this is really just occasionally needed.

I know someone recently posted on the boards with a little extension that was close to what I am looking for, I just can't find the damn thing...

edit:  http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,15499.msg148816.html#msg148816  Found it!  Looks simple enough.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:11:26 AM by mimosatexas »

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 11:50:58 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Rich, I appreciate the concern, but I can't see how it would ruin the press.  The statics I will be using weigh less than a standard 23x31 m3 and I will probably only be doing 100 or so prints a month like this.  I understand what the press was design for, but I just can't see how this would damage the press in any way.  I was able to use 3 screens this size without issue on my ryonet silver press and the build quality of that press was miles below the Kruzer.

I'm not sure if there is a rear clamp option, but honestly I am looking for something that would be quick and easy to put on the ends of the back bar and taken off again.  Replacing the whole back bar isn't an option, both due to the design of the press and the fact that this is really just occasionally needed.

I know someone recently posted on the boards with a little extension that was close to what I am looking for, I just can't find the damn thing...

edit:  http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,15499.msg148816.html#msg148816  Found it!  Looks simple enough.
There is no back clamp option for the Kruzer. I will look and see if the back clamp we make for the sidewinder can be adapted. I will be in that department later this afternoon.
Rich Hoffman