Author Topic: Premium Bulk in for Positives  (Read 1288 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Premium Bulk in for Positives
« on: October 22, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »
We use Chromaline's Accuink and it's the best I've used.  I don't mind the expense of the cartridges but it's wasteful considering we go through quite a few every year despite having a very reliable refill set here and we have multiple printers.

Does anyone know if you can purchase it in bulk?  I was told no at one point (they probably don't want to deal with user error refilling carts) but maybe there's a way?  I see a group in Canada offers refills of it so it must be available bulk to someone.

Also, I wasn't aware that Freehand, who makes Accurip sold an ink.  Charlie, who did some tech support on AR for us recently really talked it up.  Anyone have experience with "all black ink" brand ink?  We don't run multiple blacks in case the name is confusing.

Just putting the feelers out for a premium quality bulk black.  I've tried a few and most are about the same- decent but way too much gain, too much ink needed to get quality dmax.  The Chromaline provides extreme dmax without the gain so I'm forever sold on spending the extra for the best stuff.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Premium Bulk in for Positives
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 01:17:42 PM »
the best ink I've used for positives outside of accuink is this stuff:
https://store.inkjetcarts.us/screen-positive-black-hybrid-ink-p4487.aspx

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 01:23:04 PM »
the best ink I've used for positives outside of accuink is this stuff:
https://store.inkjetcarts.us/screen-positive-black-hybrid-ink-p4487.aspx

This is what we use on our 4880 and get pretty good results.  Attached is our settings.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:36:46 PM by ScreenPrinter123 »

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 01:36:55 PM »
Will check that out, what makes it "hybrid"?

Assuming we are all using a standard quality "waterproof" film right?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 03:03:35 PM »
it works on both waterproof and non-waterproof.  I used it on non-wp with excellent results.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 03:06:16 PM »
I see.  I used to run non-wp exclusively, I liked the lower d-min/less light scatter aspect. 

We output everything at 2880x1400 which only gives you two levels of variable dot control with the 4800 (with certain rips) so the ink/film combo is important, needs to be high opacity/low gain.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »
we also use the inkjetcarts hybrid ink. we have never had issues and our films are nice and dark.