Author Topic: WOW printing WOES  (Read 7944 times)

Offline numbercruncher

Re: WOW printing WOES
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 04:35:58 PM »
Just a thought - if you have a heat press...how about printing transfers and using those?
Michael Jirasek
Independent Consultant
708-227-5084
jirs23m@hotmail.com

Offline Appstro

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »
Thats aa good idea..except I have never done that and I dont have transfer paper.. But it is a good idea.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »
depending on how many girl's smalls there are, is it worth another whole set-up?
Don't forget that you can't use the same screens, so the transfers will require a new set.
Perhaps a local DTG'r?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Appstro

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 04:51:45 PM »
Thats the irony.... My DTG printer will be going in next week, but they cant wait that long. There are about 30 girls shirts that I need to do. The remaining 50 shirts fit fine.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 04:57:12 PM »
This is one of those learning experiences we hear about.

Offline Appstro

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
 ;D

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 05:10:56 PM »
And what's cool about forums, if you pay attention, you young'ns sometimes get to learn from other people's mistakes  ;D

Offline Appstro

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 05:20:42 PM »
So, I cut the M&R pallet to 12 inches wide and rounded the corners.... Just one. I will pull smaller shirts as the press goes around for this pallet. I can order a replacement and have it in a week or so. This will get me through the job. Now I have a 12 inch pallet too. :) The aluminum cut like butter on the ol' band saw.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »
Why would it be less time?  With my infrared flash I adjust the height to match my flash time to my print/flood time, which is usually a minimum of 5 seconds per color per shirt.  If you are sitting there waiting for your flash you need a new flash or you need to adjust it's height. On a left chest I usually have to raise my flash because of how fast I can print/flood...

Just catching up; no flash is no waiting at all, no matter the height ;D. Just go to the next screen and print, much less than 5 seconds, at least here. Unless I'm misinterpreting something...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »
Why would it be less time?  With my infrared flash I adjust the height to match my flash time to my print/flood time, which is usually a minimum of 5 seconds per color per shirt.  If you are sitting there waiting for your flash you need a new flash or you need to adjust it's height. On a left chest I usually have to raise my flash because of how fast I can print/flood...

Just catching up; no flash is no waiting at all, no matter the height ;D. Just go to the next screen and print, much less than 5 seconds, at least here. Unless I'm misinterpreting something...

Steve

Of course, I agree at least for me to use WOW whenever I can. However, what you are missing is Mimosa and others have it timed perfectly to spin and load while a previous shirt is flashing.
He says that he has timed both methods, so besides the extra heat in the shop and electricity used, we can't argue with their success.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 04:09:13 PM »
My perspective may have something to do with printing for 5 years before flashing was invented. We used to put 3 people on a manual with a speed table, moved some product let me tell you. To be considered, when the press is full, it has to be emptied, more time...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Appstro

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »
Man I am loving this new press. On the silverpress I had to increase my off contact due to the shirts blurring and sticking. This Kruzer is 1/16 of an inch and the shirt looks excellent. I am off and running. I am flashing between colors and loading all pallets between sets (am am so slow at loading shirts). I am so grateful to you all for being helpful with your ideas and with sharing your experience. Seriously, it has helped me alot. I am going to try the WOW on the front and see if it works too.

Offline Appstro

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 05:03:19 PM »
OK just tried WOW and it looks great. At least one shirt does. I will try 10 and see how it goes...

Offline Appstro

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »
3rd shirt and the black is starting to smudge a bit. Must be the 110 screen I used, yeah? I ordered 225's yesterday. I am going to the flash for the rest of this job I think.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »
Yeah, like was mentioned back at the beginning iof the thread, 110 is way too low for anything other than opaque inks (and even, for many, too low even for that on T's except for when one wants an especially heavy deposit)