Author Topic: WOW printing WOES  (Read 8068 times)

Offline Appstro

Re: WOW printing WOES
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »
yes you are correct. OK so I basically was forced to to WOW for the last 30 shirts as they are all TINY. So, I have been trying to keep my squeegee angle the same every time and also lighter pressure and I seem to be wiping the screen less. At any rate.... You guys are ALL right :) It works both ways and it seems like it takes about the same amount of time except I am spinning the colors alot more with WOW and the shirt pallets alot more with flash :)...

Offline Appstro

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »
Alright well there's 80, 3 color shirts in what 2.5 hours nice!! lol.....Tomorrow or Friday I will do the backs...

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2015, 08:35:31 AM »
Man I might be missing something here, 110's for the base 125-140's for non based colors and 160-230's for top colors. All screens are tensioned to 28-30 newtons per mesh specks checked every 2 weeks rotation. Printing whites on the auto i'll run 125 mesh with hardly no buildup on a 1000 pcs run at 70doz an hr. Course we work the ink down also with chino. Our stuff is coming out killer with great hand to. Manual printing unless its a top color everything runs at 125s or lower. 160 for top colors. WOW all day long for better hand feel. Sim prints are a whole different ball game throw away everything I previously stated. lol
Hoogie...

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2015, 10:14:16 AM »
All screens are tensioned to 28-30 newtons per mesh specks checked every 2 weeks rotation.

This.

When the screen doesn't have an opportunity to shift around your smearing problems will be a lot less.

Also another thing comes to mind, since you're definitely stepping on the black... is your black ink a WoW compatible ink?  We were using TopScore here and stepping on the black and the build up was SO bad that you literally had to scrape the back of the screens with a putty knife to get the ink build up off after 20 or 30 prints.

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2015, 11:14:19 AM »
All screens are tensioned to 28-30 newtons per mesh specks checked every 2 weeks rotation.

This.

When the screen doesn't have an opportunity to shift around your smearing problems will be a lot less.

Also another thing comes to mind, since you're definitely stepping on the black... is your black ink a WoW compatible ink?  We were using TopScore here and stepping on the black and the build up was SO bad that you literally had to scrape the back of the screens with a putty knife to get the ink build up off after 20 or 30 prints.

Rutland black with chino, 85% of our setups are black first then base so I'm saving a flash position. Have not had to scrap clean the back of screens during runs at all.
Hoogie...