Author Topic: Accurip Files Suddenly Output 180˚ Rotated  (Read 1518 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Accurip Files Suddenly Output 180˚ Rotated
« on: November 05, 2015, 08:45:37 PM »
Today I had multiple jobs printing via Accurip. In the middle of the queue the jobs began outputting 180˚ flipped. That is, Accurip has always printed top to bottom, so the films come out "head first". Now they are printing bottom to top with the bottom of the artboard printing first. This has cut off the information, despite it being well within the print area on the side of the files. Of obvious concern is that halftone output will now be at a different angle if the page output is reversed.

For now, we are setting the orientation in Illustrator to reverse portrait, as a stop gap.

What strikes me as odd about this is that it began in the middle of printing jobs. A number of jobs all printed out as normal in orientation, one finished and then suddenly the next job was outputting "backwards" to normal for Accurip. No changes occurred in between.

Ironically, I had to abandon FM because it outputted in reverse from AR and was cutting of job information in the files....

Anyone else see this before with AR?  I have a support ticket in but figured I'd ask here in the meantime.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Accurip Files Suddenly Output 180˚ Rotated
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »
That's weird. Mine prints top to bottom (head first). I've never had it flip like that. Curious to see what you find. Did you try restarting everything?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Accurip Files Suddenly Output 180˚ Rotated
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »
Yep, did a full reboot of everything.  Just flashed the memory on the printer as well.   Lucky for me our new T3270 showed up this a.m.  I don't think I can wrap my brain around how or why the output would flip like this in mid-queue.   Accurip insists that it can't be the rip, that the printer is too old to use with current OS's.  True to a degree but any other output from the printer is coming out "head first" as usual.  Only the RIP'd jobs via AR are flipping...