Author Topic: Garment Runner?  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Garment Runner?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 07:27:10 AM »
If you use something to catch the shirts while you are printing so you can fold later, empty the basket in between size changes. It will save you a lot of time later. At least it does for me.

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 08:24:45 AM »
We have had one for 5-6 yrs and love it.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 09:46:02 AM »
Good stuff guys, Nice catch bin J, and your dogs are cool too!!! Now, how do you keep their hair out of the air in your shop lol.

We, 99.9% of the time have someone catching jobs so that a final eye ball is being done, as well as keeping things from getting wrinkled, and sorting being done ect ect. But, there are times when, say I may want to get something going at a certain time when that person isn't ready, or I have them doing something else, or I stay late, come in on the weekend, and paying someone to stand and catch a 100 piece order is, in my opinion a waste of their time, and our money. We've always had a huge modified/taped together box down there, but you know after time they just look like crap and after having all this new beautiful M&R gear put in, epoxy'd flooring and having people come by to see the place I'd really like something a little nicer. The runner is really nice. I like how you can buy bags, so if there is that day where someone calls in, or is late what ever, and we need to rock out, "which now with our new GT3", shirts freakin fly out of the dryer, we can let a job fall in a bag, and then put an empty in for the next set up and not have mix matched jobs. Honestly this probably would be a rare situation because I do believe the catcher is an important part of the whole final production process, but we also don't have the amount of abundant staff that some larger shops have. So with that, we have to get creative at times depending on work load and staff. One of my new guys is a professional carpenter and could knock out a few really nice looking rolling boxes like yours Jvanick. I may have him knock one out and see how we like it, it can always double as a test shirt bin if not, lol, but I'm sure it will do awesome since all these years have just been a cardboard box. Either way, like I said, it's not like that's how we roll all the time, but in a pinch it would be nice to have something that could contain a nice quantity.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 09:51:57 AM »
If you use something to catch the shirts while you are printing so you can fold later, empty the basket in between size changes. It will save you a lot of time later. At least it does for me.

When I worked in a larger auto operation, we would call out size changes and the stacker/folder would empty the bin. I always assumed that was SOP. If the bins aren't emptied pretty promptly and regularly, the shirts definitely wrinkle somewhat.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:13:47 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 10:04:03 AM »
I do have a used Blade Runner though it probably wasn't designed to be within 30 yards of well.........anything

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 10:04:52 AM »
Good stuff guys, Nice catch bin J, and your dogs are cool too!!! Now, how do you keep their hair out of the air in your shop lol..

Unfortunately we don't...  luckily it isn't too bad except for on the floor, so we try not to let stuff fall off the tables/etc.

Never have gotten a complaint about a few stray dog hairs before ;), and I think that some of our customers actually come in to see the dogs on pickup.

-J

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 10:30:30 AM »
The cat isn't allowed in the production area and he listens 99% of the time, and he knows it when he's pushing his luck.

He still manages to get hair on the shirts that sit up front waiting to get picked up for too long, I usually make a joke about how long they must have been sitting there done.

Most ppl don't seem to mind, even the ones that are amazingly DEATHLY afraid of cats.  We just have to lock him up in a section while they are there.  One customer just knocks at the door and waits for us to lock him up.

He is a Maine Coon so he's pretty big, but it's always an irrational fear that I think would apply if he was a kitten.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 10:57:00 AM »
Our shop dog. The Doberman Printer.