Author Topic: Lost Job due to colors!!! (Press doesn't have enough capability)  (Read 3575 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Lost Job due to colors!!! (Press doesn't have enough capability)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 09:04:34 PM »
I agree that color counts seem to be going back up. 

When I got into this low color was popular and we still sell the low color count, good art, wb/dc printing, great/soft shirt combo hard here but I'm seeing a trend for the monster color count orders from some clients. 

What makes me think it's an actual market trend is that the folks requesting the high color count runs aren't balking at costs, they want those colors.  Definitely wasn't the case in years past in my experience.

Yep, same exact thing here.

Well, if this sticks, it'll change the industry somewhat, dividing shops that can and can't produce the high color count work, essentially consolidating the production into larger plants. 

My crystal ball predicts that it would also push the advancement of digital processes. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 09:30:40 PM »
I don't want to turn this too political, but it appears, at least in our industry segment, the economy has certainly turned a corner.
Bigger machines, and people with the wherewithal and willingness to pay for the more expensive product these machines produce.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Full-SpectrumSeparator

• "Knowledge is possessed only by sharing."
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 12:58:04 AM »
Had a nice little job about 100 or so shirts light color, offered a cymk/ sim process but they really didn't understand that and wanted the color's very bright which would have been about 8 to 10 colors front and back and we only print up to 7 colors light and 6 dark.  I know most of you have pretty large press's and can handle 10 to 12 colors, but how often do you get that type of job not counting Danny LOL, I think this is the only job we've never been able to do, guess I could have contracted it out but 100 plus shirts? I don't see this being a trend around here I hope  ;D

Frog I posted this here because it's about equipment, but if you have to move it do so

edit: I just added a little to the subject to help steer it in the direction of equipment

Do you have the image or an example of what was too many colors about it?
"Science and invention benefited most of all from the printing press."   https://www.youtube.com/user/FullSpectrumVideo  ||  https://sellfy.com/planetaryprints

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 08:00:02 AM »
This is our 2nd auto.  The 1st was a 6 color diamondback and the 10/12 sportsman we have now.  I didn't have the diamondback a month until I was needing more heads but suffered through a couple of years until the 10 color came along.  The 10 color seemed grand until about a year into it and then I was wishing for more capability.  The color count demand has definitely increased.  The most I've ran without a revolve was 8 colors.  Anything above that will definitely be contracted out unless there isn't enough quantity to justify it.  Of course a 9 color printed here would be costly although I do see more customers not concerned with the price.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 01:18:38 PM »
Zoo we revolve more than we should here already LOL, we just didn't have enough heads for color plus they wanted those exact colors...  win some lose some.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!