Author Topic: screen racks?  (Read 7716 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: screen racks?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »
here are the racks we ordered, they are not in position to deal on larger qty so I went ahead and ordered a couple.
I remembered later that they were $250 before and they are $200 now.

here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADJUSTABLE-ALUMINUM-DRYING-RACK-SCREEN-PRINTING-NEW-/331711645060?hash=item4d3b8e0584:g:77sAAOxydB1SiNRh

pierre

p.s. somebody else is selling the same thing for $375 on ebay

The company that makes them is http://aaframes.com  They are also called Alloy America. They have been around for a long time. I used to buy screens from them like 5 years ago. I still use the first spot gun i bought from them

hahah i just went to the site and they are "closed".
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »
How sturdy are these filled up with roller frames?  Our half priced options sway pretty hard.
let me get the two I ordered today and I'll be able to answer questions better. We last bought them 4 years ago, so I wanna make sure nothing changed.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 05:00:19 PM »
the alloy america ones are nice... I have 2 of them here... and 3 'webstaurant-store' cheapies... the cheapies do have a support in the middle, so while they're light weight, they're not too rickety when filled with roller frames... but nowhere near as nice as the AA ones.

(of course the webstaurant ones are like $90 each..)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 09:11:21 PM »
Kind of funny this came up today, we just finished the rack below at 6pm today! We are on 2 floors so a rolling rack is not realistic or useful for us.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 12:42:23 AM »
Interesting set up Alex. What do you use those for. I only rack my screens when drying or coated. If they are waiting for reclaim they just lean against a wall. Twin City Tees, I was wonderign what TCT was. I'm originally from Wisconsin so I guess I can't talk to you anymore...or is the rivalry over...

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 02:54:08 AM »
I make my own, welded  metal.
The eBay frames must wobble, the only have a cross bar on the top but it would be quite easy to add cross bars and strengthen them if they are cheap enough.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 06:51:07 AM »
Interesting set up Alex. What do you use those for. I only rack my screens when drying or coated. If they are waiting for reclaim they just lean against a wall. Twin City Tees, I was wonderign what TCT was. I'm originally from Wisconsin so I guess I can't talk to you anymore...or is the rivalry over...
From Wisconsin?? Oh, you mean Minnesota junior! ;D

That is where we will stage screens ready for printing.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 08:35:27 AM »
I'm from Iowa, and I broke down and talked to Alex once. He ain't that bad. And his crew can drink!!!  ;)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 08:39:59 AM »
Oh crap, my family is from Wisconsin AND Minnesota, what does that make me?

I like that table, that looks nice.  Is that for post expose?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 04:20:42 PM »

From Wisconsin?? Oh, you mean Minnesota junior! ;D

That is where we will stage screens ready for printing.

Alex if that's what its for you need a row of these....

http://www.amazon.com/ADVANTUS--Strip-Display-Regular-Aluminum/dp/B00007LB24/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1448486220&sr=8-32&keywords=paper+holding+bar

I have a 5 foot bar above my shirt sorting table and my end of dryer sorting table. I use a regular 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper for my job sheets. They slide in nice and they are held to you can easy read the job. I used to use tacks but the wall was getting messed up and they are hard to ready when the fans are on.

I live in Arizona now so really no need to make fun of Mini-soda... Whats the temp there...I am wearing shorts and I used my ac in my car on the way back from lunch....I win..
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:23:12 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 11:51:33 PM »
just wanted to give a quick update on this....
we got our first one in last week. After putting it all together, one of the welded bars that has threading for a screw just broke. It wasn't super crucial, duct tape fixed the job, but that was a bummer.

Now my guy in the dark room is telling me it doesn't fit 23x31 frames correctly, and they have to go in an angle, otherwise they will fall out.

Bummer for sure.
Night Owls

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 01:43:09 PM »
Be wary of buying these. We just had a rack break and bust 4 screens.

The rack busted in the weld points, where the bars connect to the two sides with shelves. But it busted 3 at once.
Night Owls

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 01:50:07 PM »

The rack busted in the weld points, where the bars connect to the two sides with shelves. But it busted 3 at once.

I would contact them with photos.  We have a half dozen of these for a number of years now and have never had a single issue.
We did drill new sets of holes in the crossbars to make them only for 23x31, instead of "universal".

Also, when we contacted them initially, we told them we wanted multiple and they gave us a discount on buying more.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2016, 01:52:17 PM »
Were you wrestling with it :D

I kid, I kid.  Sucks it broke like that.  I built one of mine from scratch, but the other two are just pan racks for restaurants that I cut in half and widened.  Too about maybe 30 minutes each.  They have held up for a long time now and were dirt cheap at a used restaurant supply place...

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 02:03:02 PM »

I would contact them with photos.  We have a half dozen of these for a number of years now and have never had a single issue.
We did drill new sets of holes in the crossbars to make them only for 23x31, instead of "universal".

Also, when we contacted them initially, we told them we wanted multiple and they gave us a discount on buying more.

This is the 3rd rack that's had something break in the same spot.
Night Owls