Author Topic: 2 Regular Guys 2015 Best New Product M&R CTS or a Bucket of Glue?  (Read 1371 times)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
Dear TSB Members: Voting for the 3rd Annual Reggie Awards by the 2 regular Guys (Aka Terry Combs & Aaron Montgomery) is currently open and runs through December 17th.

I'm thinking that there might be something a little funny going on in the Best New Product Category where M&R's CTS Screen Imaging and Exposure system is trailing in the category behind a bucket of glue :).

If you think that M&R's STE System has been more of an industry game changer than a bulk pallet adhesive I'd encourage you to vote your preference at http://2regularguys.com/2015-industry-awards-reggies/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:24:13 AM by pwalsh »
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline larryk

• !!!
Re: 2 Regular Guys 2015 Best New Product M&R CTS or a Bucket of Glue?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »
I don't know for sure but I heard through the grapevine that the bucket of glue is far superior to what has been available in the past. Up to 50 hoodies can be printed with only one application of this stuff. It must be a SUPER glue but I'm sure M&R will catch up in the voting.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 04:20:39 PM »
At least SGIA thought one of M&R's CTS machines was good enough to be Best New Product of the Year. Along with three other M&R machines. But I guess that ain't no Reggie ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:42:39 AM by bimmridder »
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 06:19:30 PM »
To play the minimalist Devil's Advocate, depending on your definition of "new", I'd say that a helluva a lot more folks are reaping the benefits of waterbased stickum, than CTS machines.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 08:24:26 PM »
I'd say that a helluva a lot more folks are reaping the benefits of waterbased stickum

What is this glue you speak of?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 08:29:53 PM »
I'd say that a helluva a lot more folks are reaping the benefits of waterbased stickum

The pallet adhesive which, though not really really new, completely revolutionized how we keep our shirts from moving on the press without the nasty spray cans, with their nasty airborne poison, and messy overspray many of us grew up with.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 09:58:43 PM »

The pallet adhesive which, though not really really new, completely revolutionized how we keep our shirts from moving on the press without the nasty spray cans, with their nasty airborne poison, and messy overspray many of us grew up with.

Alright. I'm not above groveling. What is the NAME of this specific, mystery glue? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... 

I use waterbased platen adhesive, and have for 7 or 8 years. But try as I might, I just can't get (consistent) worry free stickum for hoodies without (choke, gasp...cough!) The Dreaded Spr*y T*ck.

Eww. Now I feel so dirty.

I have no problem voting for the regular guys, but I WANTS ME SOME OF THAT %$#!@*%! GLUE THAT PRINTS 50 HOODIES!!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:03:59 PM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 10:09:54 PM »
Nah, as is more and more often the case as I get older, I am once again, way off (water) base and they're talking about a new foil adhesive