Author Topic: Stupid - Hoodies/Fleece and Circles  (Read 833 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Stupid - Hoodies/Fleece and Circles
« on: December 04, 2015, 03:54:17 PM »
We've spent all morning battling a stupid circle print on the back of an alternative apparel fleece. It's a white HSA highlight and base.

Getting that balance of tack so the image doesn't shift, but doesn't warp when pulled up seems impossible. The design is a circle, and with to much tack, looks like an egg.

How would you guys handle something like this? We've tried WB adhesive cut with water, Full on WB adhesive, web spray, and even WB adhesive cut just slightly with water. We ended up just killing the flash, and printing the white wet on wet, and it looks good, but i'd still like to figure out a better way, as these will be printed a ton!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Stupid - Hoodies/Fleece and Circles
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 04:39:47 PM »
We use web for all fleece. Just apply it where the design is on something like that. you dont need a ton of it.  Then pull from the collar and the bottom of the garment at the same time. pulling from two locations helps a ton on warping prints. Other than that we do nothing special here.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »
I use Web spray for fleece also. I dislike it, but it works and is fairly easy to remove the hoodies without too much distortion.

I always use my knock off of the Patented Frog-O-Matic overspray managment system. (Cardboard with a hole in the center)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »
What we do on those type of projects is spray web glue, then have a scrap shirt handy where you rub the pallet fairly aggressively to take some of the tack away from the pallet. Spray the pallet, rub the pallet, load the shirt, print, do all over again...... The key is to knock a bit of the initial tack out of the glue by rubbing it in some. Works for us

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 06:33:07 PM »
Been using spray Web as well on stuff like this. Never worry about
Skating or warping.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery