Author Topic: Blackline filtration system  (Read 6897 times)

Offline DCSP John

Re: Blackline filtration system
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 04:26:54 PM »
We will clean all the screens two times a week. Even using a good  emulsion
remover like Easiwayin the dip tank  there is still build up on all three screens.
It will require some maintenance, and we are happy to do it.
Not that much work as compared to snaking out drainpipes packed with lint
and tape.  We are have placed an old 110 screen on top of the black screen that
you see in the photo that is easy to remove and catches larges particles, tape or anything similar.

there is a 20 micron and 75 micron cylinder filter. Paper.
Easily bought anywhere... Nice clean, filtered (almost potable water)
going down the drain now. Peace of mind.

For the money - this filtration system is a tank, and gets the job done.

John

John

Offline Croft

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 10:54:41 AM »
Hmmm.  I home brewed one with 2 screens for filter stages, settling tank, then an outtake skims the top water out.  We initially put furnace filter type media on the top screen but that filled up with gunk immediately.  Both of our statiuc frame screens clog up pretty constantly as well.  I like the two bays on this and the wheels are slick but I'm not sure it would solve our issue of having to constantly scrape out the filter screens.   

Does the blackline use static frames as well?

Let us know how this pans out over heavy use and time John.

Like you I had one built , approx 36"x22"x18",  I have the tank divided into 3 sections 1 large , 2 smaller then gravity into the drain, I have a large tray on top that is angled and sends the mess to the 1st settling area. it has a stainless screen with holes about 1/8" on top of that I also tried a furnace filter it didn't work great then I started buying rolls of batting about 1" thick that is used for furniture it worked well we cut pieces to fit the the tray, we also tried felt it worked really well for filtering and we ended up changing out about every 4 days , its a little expensive.  What we have ended up with is thick commercial landscape fabric, its cheap and we get 300 yard rolls cut to the width of the tray and switch out every 4 days it does a great job.
About every 4 months we pull the tank out from under the sink and let it settle over a long weekend then shop  vac off the clear water ( doesn't disturb the gunk) then scoop out the settled crud , about 2-3 five gallon pails every time then we let that settle some more and then have picked up for waste.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 09:36:11 PM »
Just installed a new Blackline WDX and a Filter One. Great units, no brainer install. Put LED lamps behind the sink and a new LED fixture above the reclaim area. It's like an operating room in there now.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)