Author Topic: label printer for Wilflex IMS  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
label printer for Wilflex IMS
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:53:24 PM »
What to get? Does any label printer work with it? I asked the guys at Wilflex but never got a reply.
Really done with writing the ink pot labels by hand, you would understand if you`d know my hand writing.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: label printer for Wilflex IMS
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »
What to get? Does any label printer work with it? I asked the guys at Wilflex but never got a reply.
Really done with writing the ink pot labels by hand, you would understand if you`d know my hand writing.

i'd imagine a zebra printer/thermal printer could work well. We have two, both from our shipping companies (UPS and Fedex). but i believe you can also buy them.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 07:16:50 PM »

i'd imagine a zebra printer/thermal printer could work well. We have two, both from our shipping companies (UPS and Fedex). but i believe you can also buy them.

Yea we use one of those free Zebra printers we got from UPS awhile ago.  3x5 label I believe, I had to do something funky with installing a print driver for it since it was made for Worldship only or whatever but it works well now.

After it's printed we just cut off the excess bottom and top and slap it on.  Only problem we realized recently was putting the packing tape over it (so ink can be wiped off label) for some reason made the thermal print fade...so we are trying a couple different tapes now.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:14:20 PM »
Exactly what Admiral said.

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 07:18:57 AM »

Rockers:  I don't know who at PolyOne Wilflex you had previously asked about the best label printer to work with their IMS Software, but I have it on good authority that a representative from the PolyOne Asia team will be reaching out to you directly. 

I also found a Product Information Bulletin on ther Wilflex Distributor Intranet site that I was going to attach but it's almost 8MB and too big for this site.  I'll email it to you with a cc; to Andy and maybe he will post for others to see.

Best Regards & Print On!
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline SHedge

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »
Rockers:  The Zebra TLP 2844 Thermal Transfer Printer is an excellent choice for use with the Wilflex IMS Software to print your labels.  I will forward you the User Guide on e-mail.

Regards,

Steve Hedge
Technical Services Manager, Specialty Inks & Polymer Systems
PolyOne Corporation
Steve Hedge
Technical Services Manager, Specialty Inks & Polymer Systems - PolyOne Corporation, Wilflex Inks
steve.hedge@polyone.com
Office: 800-326-0226, ext. 2257

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:28:56 AM »
Rockers:  The Zebra TLP 2844 Thermal Transfer Printer is an excellent choice for use with the Wilflex IMS Software to print your labels.  I will forward you the User Guide on e-mail.

Regards,

Steve Hedge
Technical Services Manager, Specialty Inks & Polymer Systems
PolyOne Corporation

Any other options? Just checked and this particular model cost just US$1000 here at Amazon.jp.  Now I found a Dymo printer, would that work?
http://www.amazon.com/DYMO-LabelWriter-Thermal-Printer-1755120/dp/B002M1LGJ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1449843994&sr=1-1&keywords=thermal+label+printer&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 10:04:12 AM »
Look for a used one on eBay, they are pretty cheap!

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 12:02:20 PM »

Rockers:  I don't know who at PolyOne Wilflex you had previously asked about the best label printer to work with their IMS Software, but I have it on good authority that a representative from the PolyOne Asia team will be reaching out to you directly. 

I also found a Product Information Bulletin on ther Wilflex Distributor Intranet site that I was going to attach but it's almost 8MB and too big for this site.  I'll email it to you with a cc; to Andy and maybe he will post for others to see.

Best Regards & Print On!

I can't post anything that you can't. But I will try to import and resize and "re-pdf" them in CorelDRAW as I don't have that fancy Acrobat Reader stuff.

It looks like that worked! :)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 12:24:47 AM »
i take it it will work with any kind of label printer then?

Offline BorisB

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 08:24:50 AM »
we use cheap Brother label printer,  QT something.

Offline Downtown Nancy Brown

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 10:17:20 AM »
Printer:  An economical approach to label printing is using an entry level label printer, Zebra model TLP2844 or its equivalent.    Any printer with Windows drivers will work.
Label Stock:  Choose the best size label stock that is available for your printer and is economical.  You are now able to customize your label size that best fits locale.

If you are using the inventory module, a scanner is handy for entering lot numbers, etc.  Scanners:   Honeywell-MS9500 Voyager Series,  Single Line Hand Held Laser Scanner.

Email me if you need help.  nancy.brown@polyone.com

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 12:52:11 PM »
Nice to see you Nancy. Stop by the introduction section and you'll be properly greeted.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 04:16:52 PM »
Now you got me getting silly before I even welcome her officially
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline BorisB

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 04:39:16 AM »
Printer:  An economical approach to label printing is using an entry level label printer, Zebra model TLP2844 or its equivalent.    Any printer with Windows drivers will work.
Label Stock:  Choose the best size label stock that is available for your printer and is economical.  You are now able to customize your label size that best fits locale.

If you are using the inventory module, a scanner is handy for entering lot numbers, etc.  Scanners:   Honeywell-MS9500 Voyager Series,  Single Line Hand Held Laser Scanner.

Email me if you need help.  nancy.brown@polyone.com

Wilflex IMS "Inventory module".  What is this?