Author Topic: New article on main page. Evaluating the cure of plastisol.  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
New article on main page. Evaluating the cure of plastisol.
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »
Just letting everyone know we have a new article on the main page

(How to evaluate the cure of plastisol inks by Jeff Proctor)
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=5

Let me know how this views to everyone. It's a little large on screen (144ppi) as I wanted to keep the files large enough to click and download (for print) if you wanted. PDF would be better for that, but I don't have an option in my method for the large file sizes. So far, it's not worked out as PDF. I'm looking for the easiest view/clean type at actual size on line (that prints well also). Anyone have any suggestions?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Re: New article on main page. Evaluating the cure of plastisol.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »
Looks good onscreen to me. Was this article scanned from print or captured digitally, or is this an editable, original layout you did with a program? How come saving as a pdf isn't working or working the way you want? I understand why you'd want to make it a pdf, I just don't understand where the problem is in getting it to work successfully.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:40:35 PM »
Fit fine on the screen for me as well.

Nice article, thanks.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 12:19:46 AM »
Looks good onscreen to me. Was this article scanned from print or captured digitally, or is this an editable, original layout you did with a program? How come saving as a pdf isn't working or working the way you want? I understand why you'd want to make it a pdf, I just don't understand where the problem is in getting it to work successfully.

Was captured digitally from the online PDF at source and then edited at my end to fit our needs.  The trick with PDF's here is that I can't get them to save at the right (or small enough file size) to be embedded here. It might even be that in the Articles format, you can't use PDF.  I haven't tried really small PDF files. It's really designed to be typed in and images placed in but I don't like that format all that much. You can't do anything creative in it.

I did reduce the image size from 144 to 110. At 110ppi, it brings the image up a little in size and make sit easier to read.

Wayne, Thats why it looks good now. It was pretty large before.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 06:29:07 AM »
You did a nice job of laying it out and integrating TSB ads into it. I hadn't noticed that the first time. Other than posting a "print-friendly" .pdf in a .zip archive for downloading separately, I got nothin'.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
I can't see it, there is an error.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
It appears that the opt-in politics folks can't see the articles. We'll look into that.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 10:35:23 AM »
I just signed my test account (with no administrative privileges) into the opt-in group, and can see the galleries and articles just fine now. Thanks Pierre.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »
I remember this article years before jeff came to my shop to take some pics
very helpful fella
thanks Dan for bring it here it looks good